Trip Report Sweihan Photo Shoot drive

All reports about trips and events
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal

Trip Report Sweihan Photo Shoot drive

Post by tompa-bjorka »

The main purpose of this drive in Sweihan was to have some fun driving and get a lot of cool photos and videos. And how we succeed! All met at deflation (Gate 12) around two PM, and after briefing, set the convoy with Matt as sweeper, Mark as 2nd lead, followed by Hadi, Jobara, Christian and Serkan. Kevin floating around with Magnus, the photographer as passenger. We took off and unfortunately after a short while Mark had to leave due to some rare mechanical FJ issue, heading straight to Mussafah, where the car was promply fixed. Christian took over second lead and we headed to the first photoshoot bowl, where drones got flying and Magnus sitting on the top of the dune taking photos of the cars cresting and descending the dune.

Drive continued over the powerline road and we took aim for bigger dunes direction Old Lady, found two more places where we spend good time documenting all drivers. Headed back to the inflation point in the sunset, perfect end of the drive.

Lots of good photo/video material will came out of this drive, will need to put together a video and post on club social forums.

Thanks everybody for attending, and special attention to Hadi who made the first official Advance drive with AD4x4, well done.

See you next time.

/Thomas

PearlyGates59
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Trip Report Sweihan Photo Shoot drive

Post by PearlyGates59 »

Brilliant drive Thomas and great track as always. Really enjoyed that one.

'A rare FJ mechanical issue's... 😂
Matt - Pearlygates59
Ford Raptor aka The Silver Shark

Hadi77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Hadi77 »

Thank you Thomas for leading my first ‘official’ advanced drive. Had lots of fun with great company, and an amazing track. We left after watching the beautiful sunset.

A successful photo shoot. Thank you especially to Magnus, the cameraman who was dropped on top of the dunes to take pictures of us.

I really laughed reading the ‘rare FJ mechanical issue’ 😂😂
‘If you don’t have the mentality to learn every time you step foot into the desert, it could become a dangerous place’ - Hadz

YOUNGEST MARSHAL IN AD4x4

Hadz

KomSer
Marshal
Marshal

Post by KomSer »

I missed to write something here....

It was really great day and we had a lot of fun. we had our guests with us and they enjoyed a lot also.

Track was wonderful, photos were amazing and the company was great.

See you soon
Serkan Ortac

loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Post by loefflmj1 »

Sorry a bit late but what a great trip until CV joint boot ripped and sand ended up destroying the joint itself. I agonized over having to leave a convoy due to a mechanical issue, but it was the safe and prudent decision. First time in over 80 rides I had to do that. Missed the photo shoot but had the car repaired by 4pm that very same day thanks to Suhaib and his willingness to help. Heard it was a great trip, I'm glad everyone made it back safe and with good memories and photos/videos. See you out there again. Mark