6th October trip report video shooting

All reports about trips and events
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

6th October trip report video shooting

Post by iguana »

What I nice trip today ... Enjoyed every minute of it ..

28 cars showed up ... The trip was led by Diver who choose a nice and challenging route for som eof the newbies ... lots of play areas were the drivers started to show off for the video shooting ... Even th ephotographer liked the idea and want to come with us again :lol: :lol:

Jax started he first recovery early in the trip and I think she liked it because I saw her recovering all the time ..

Thanks guys for the trip .. Can't wait to see the video

By the way, I got stuck 2 times to show the recovery on the video :lol: :lol:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

ya ya i agree with iguana 4 the 2 stuck. :lol: :lol:
really nice route nice company and nice day, thanks diver for the route

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Great fun and a great route by DiVeR :lol:

Jax was kept busy under the watchful eye of Bulldozer, but we were all doing recoveries somewhere along the line.

At the end 11 cars headed to BBQ area above white rocks again and we had a very relaxed BBQ, thanks Uristier for the coffee and cigar :wink:

It was very peaceful, lots of stars to gaze at, and John ( Photographer) and his wife Stephanie loved every minute of it. John has many still photos to upload to the Gallery but this will have to wait a day or two until I catch up with him again.
He will also work on editing the video footage.

Thanks to EVERYONE for making them so welcome today.

Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

I wish i had my car, but being with Bulldozer...is something like "never getting bored"

But due to the sun and us being out most of the time helping the guys, I am having Unstoppable headache :(

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks Guys, i hope the track was suitable today for everyone, especially the heavy explorers. It was a smooth trip while fasting that i even didn't have sand in my shoes :lol: :lol: Wish i could stay with MAC's group for the BBQ but family comes 1st.

Thanks Bulldozer, AnTrax, Mac, Iguana, D. Ghost & Jax for assisting today and for everyone who showed up today 8) 8) . Looking forward for Tuesday's night drive 8) 8)

Thanks.
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Nice company Hot but Not humid Yes DiVeR its nice route with allot of twists for the Big Ones which makes us work all the time behind, I think they need the twist which make it different from Yesterday trip I hope they learn something & their knowledge & handling for their cars improve, a job well done guys C U all next trip
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

H3

Good trip....

Post by H3 »

A nice trip to get back into the dunes again after my vacation. Good to meet some new faces and first timers, keep at it guys, it becomes addictive......And more fun than you can imagine......

Great to catch up with the "old timers" in the club too.....You always never fail to please with your driving skills and "deliberate stucks" if you know what I mean....

ppnath, welcome anytime mate if you need a ride! And thanks for the company plus the help with recoveries and re-inflation.

Mac we need to sit down and have a :drink: sometime to discuss things about the thinking mans 4x4. Gillian you have good taste in trucks. I take it I have been blamed for the purchase, I am thick skinned from Stockton on Tees so can take it!

See you all next time, Simon. (H3)

PS. Jax you did great, I might even let young Lord Fontelroy have a go at the wheel in the H3 when he gets over here and you can put Lyndsay (hope the spelling was right!) in the Jeep.......Just a thought :wink:
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

Friz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Video Shoot Newbie Trip - My first taste of off road

Post by Friz »

I will go to bed tonight with the ringing in my ears of the common call over the radios today. "The Red Explorer is stuck again". I so want to trade it in... but it's probaby 99% driver error.

Anyway, we had a great time and unfortunately you will see us again but only the newbie rides. Sian (she has only just started breathing again and James had a great time as well.)

I would like to say a huge thank you to you all, we felt very welcome and the tips just kept coming. I suppose on the bright side, if you do get stuck it just adds to the experience (mmmm, think I had about 5 of them today).

I have uploaded some photos under an album in the member's photos section. (Please let me know if they should have been somewhere else). I love the one of Iguana sending sand skyward.

Cheers, David (Friz) Sian and little James.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

David, Sian and James, now we can officially say welcome to AD4x4 Family ... you just joined the club ysterday and went to your first trip today ... Thats great .. And I am so happy that you enjoyed it as well ..

About stucks .. Don't worry, we always say a trip without stuck is no fun ...

Newbie trips are made for newbies to learn .. And I am sure after 5-6 trips you will start recovering and telling the new member "Don't worry .. I was like this when I joined the club" we were not born as Marshals .. all of us were newbies at one stage (Thanks God I was not newbie when I joined AD4x4 otherwise you would've seen my stuck pictures all around the gallery :lol: :lol: )

We will move the pictures to the trip albums part were we make a special album for every trip .. I saw my pics ... They are great ... Thanks

Check some other pictures also uplaoded by the members in today's trip album and lets wait for the video
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Jax

Simply the best!

Post by Jax »

:D :D What a great trip today's was! :D :D

Thanks to:
- DiVeR and Mac for a great route, can we do that one again please?
- Bulldozer and Desert Ghost for helping me to assist them, for offering great advice and giving me the confidence to pull out some stucks - and test out my towing points!
- Bradley and H3 (great to meet you at last!) - thanks for your help and hints and tips :wink:

I learnt a lot today - but more importantly - the little fella and I had fun, especially meeting new members Friz and his family - hope to see you guys out with us next time? :D

It's been a great weekend in the desert - think I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms next weekend - but I have been promised a trip in the Qatar sands in a - dare I say it: Patrol :P with my daughter and 'Lord Fontelroy'

Looking forward to the GPS fun now and getting some :sleepy:

Jax

:D :D

H3

Post by H3 »

Jax, Younger Bro' is going to be right chalked off at the "Lord Fontelroy" reference, ahh well thats what younger Bro's are there for eh 8)

H3

Post by H3 »

iguana wrote:David, Sian and James, now we can officially say welcome to AD4x4 Family ... you just joined the club ysterday and went to your first trip today ... Thats great .. And I am so happy that you enjoyed it as well ..

About stucks .. Don't worry, we always say a trip without stuck is no fun ...

Newbie trips are made for newbies to learn .. And I am sure after 5-6 trips you will start recovering and telling the new member "Don't worry .. I was like this when I joined the club" we were not born as Marshals .. all of us were newbies at one stage (Thanks God I was not newbie when I joined AD4x4 otherwise you would've seen my stuck pictures all around the gallery :lol: :lol: )

We will move the pictures to the trip albums part were we make a special album for every trip .. I saw my pics ... They are great ... Thanks

Check some other pictures also uplaoded by the members in today's trip album and lets wait for the video
Well said Islam. I can remember a few years back when I first ventured off the tarmac in a Chevy Blazer with UAE4x4. A few trips out and many stucks to learn from and I still consider every trip a learning curve. AD4x4 in my opinion gives all an opportunity to get their 4x4's out in the dunes and something to look forward to on the weekend, sure beats "mall crawling" on a Friday

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Nice trip guy's thanks to everyone.

Jax, congratulations on that extra star.... ;)
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres

Midi

Post by Midi »

Two trips in 2 days, good experience for me as a fresh fish, thanks for all the good advice and learning experience, looking forward to the next trip soon.

Thanks Colin

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

I enjoyed the trip today although almost didnt get to go as everyone seemed to shoot off at a very fast rate of knotts from the ADNOC and i almost lost everyone.

I too had a little play in the sand, a spot of piroetting (sp) almost plucked up the courage to try going up the big dune but just as my passenger convinced me to try they switched to side driving the dune, thus opportunity lost....never mind next time.

Good to meet the new newbies looking forward to seeing them again.