Guys I need your opinion

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Guys I need your opinion

Post by iguana »

I need to replace my family car .. Currently I have a Lumina S 2003 and I am looking for a 4x4. This car will be used by my wife and will be the camping and family offroad car. I went out looking for around. Saw the following: (I am looking at the full option ones)
- Liberty AED 105K (Too small and too expensive for what you get)
- Commander AED 130K (I loved it from inside. V8, 5.7L Engine I think will be good, lots of space)
- Wrangler 4 doors AED 113K (Too tough for a woman, and still have to wait for the price to drop)
- Nissan Patrol Super Safari AED 180K (Too expensive and my wife didn't like it from outside)
- Nissan Pathfinder AED 130K (mmmmm Plastic car)
- FJ Crusier AED 140K (Very difficult to enter the rear seats, specially for old people like father and mother it they come). Otherwise, great

Still want to see the Prado & Pajero but had no time yesterday ... and actually didn't know where is Toyota Show Room in Abu dhabi. Do you have any idea?

So till now, me and my wife liked the Commander, it is ugly from outside, but lovely from inside and big engine as well ... So what do you think? any advices?

Please have in mind that this will be used in easy camping and family trips, I still have my Wrangler
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Whats about the Grand Cherokee with the 4,7 Litre V8 ?

Take it in Laredo Edition ( even you look for full option ) so the price will be good as well. I think the shape is nice, the inside is big and comfortable, the engine powerfull, and....... its a Jeep :D
Image <br><br>Image<br>

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Don't forget Chuck that the Commander is a 7 seater and the Grand Cherokee is 5 seater only

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

So, you :behold1: need another :car: for the :chick: Queen! Well, I know only one care Queens are travelling in.....

:ann: Yeah Baby, yeah: A pink Volkswage Beetle Convertible!!!!! :yeppe:

I dont wanabe in your shoes..... :angel:

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I wanted to buy a convertable ... But she does not like them, specially with my 2 little divels, she said they will jump from the car, and when she goes on leave she will take the car keys :lol: :lol: :lol: she does not trust me ...

One other option I offered was the Cayanne (Used one of course) she said no :evil: :evil:

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

iguana wrote:I wanted to buy a convertable ... But she does not like them, specially with my 2 little divels, she said they will jump from the car, and when she goes on leave she will take the car keys :lol: :lol: :lol: she does not trust me ...

One other option I offered was the Cayanne (Used one of course) she said no :evil: :evil:
If you are looking for an Cayenne, i know somebody at Porsche which can give you an unbeatable price for used ones.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi,

What about these ......

1) Nissan Armada
2) GMC Yokon
3) Land Rover Discovery
4) Ford Expedition

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Boss,

Whatsabout a Touareq? Using this u are at least Off-Road able. And for camping trips you have enough space...

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

My Dear Boss . . . . . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

You are saying family relaxing car, no serious offroading & can remain in one piece for a while:
Then no other choice than Toyota Prado or Nissan Armada, there are unbeaten lately in the market as a family car. If you can wait for the New Land Cruiser to come in August 2007 (as they said), then let it be . . . . . . . . . !

Humble Opinion with no hard feeling to all other 4X4 mentioned cars as a family use :wink:

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Hemmm well am with FearUAE on the Prado and the new LC (but it will be expinsive when it first reachs the dealer :? )

now the Prado is amazing for a family car and its a very capable offraoder ... the Armada is great also but its too big (not that easy to drive for women i guess)

WildFire, the Disco is nomore, the LR3 has replaced it and its like 200K 8O

and for a family car i wouldnt recommend an american or british car (no offence-SORRY) ... so I'd say go for the Prado (Boss its very unusuall that you dont know where the TOYOTA dealer is :P)

i really like the new Pathfinder, but i dont see it on the streets plus i've seen the built quality of it and its not that great (made in usa) while the Prado has really nice quality ....

I say test drive the Prado, and anyother car b4 buying it and then make up your mind.

Goood Luck Boss

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I have a 2005 Prado, not top of the line but second with the wheel on the back as it comes with two tanks for a 1000 km range, quite nice for long camping trips. It quite spacious and can take 7 people, OK lets say five plus two kids on the rear seats. Paid 120k for it that time, it is surely more expensive now. The Fortuner is also OK, but assembled in Thailand and you can see it from inside, toprange car is also 106k and I think this is too much, but Toyotas are expensive here anyway. My wife loves the Prado, because it is not too big and not too small, very easy and handy to drive, automatic and has a little fridge built in like the big ones, so she has always cool water to drink. We can really recommend the car, but I am somehow sure you will end up with a 5.7 Hemi :D

BTW: Al Futtaim Motors is next to EMC / Carrefour on Airport Road after the roundabout or opposite to National Hotels, where we buy our drinks :cheers1:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

TheNew Pajero

Post by Bulldozer »

The new Pajero 3.8L with 270 BHP.............etcetcetc fully loaded and the best in price 125k check with Mohd Safadi in the show room he will give u a good deal, I like the TAHOE or YOKUN but for off-road the bumpers need to be replaced
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

I vote for Yokon, it is pretty good car and spacious and work offroad, i been in few trips with a friend even it is good car for sand dunning, so i think it will be a good choice very comfy for travelling lot and lots of space.

or you can buy my 2006 Honda MRV so i can buy another toy :D :D
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

kkamro wrote:I vote for Yokon, it is pretty good car and spacious and work offroad, i been in few trips with a friend even it is good car for sand dunning, so i think it will be a good choice very comfy for travelling lot and lots of space.

This will be the lady's car. So Yokon will be too big for her ... Your Honda????? I can take it as a gift thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still need to look at the Prado .... My wife is an interior decorator ... so she cares about details. Thats why she liked the commander

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

iguana wrote:
kkamro wrote:I vote for Yokon, it is pretty good car and spacious and work offroad, i been in few trips with a friend even it is good car for sand dunning, so i think it will be a good choice very comfy for travelling lot and lots of space.

This will be the lady's car. So Yokon will be too big for her ... Your Honda????? I can take it as a gift thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still need to look at the Prado .... My wife is an interior decorator ... so she cares about details. Thats why she liked the commander
I vote for the prado too, the commander is the ugliest 4x4 i have ever seen :yuck: , besides the two seats they have at the back are just decorative, have a look at them, too small to fit even a child.
The jeeper is back.