pics of differnentials, know whats urs.

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

pics of differnentials, know whats urs.

Post by MegaMoe »

Just wanted to share with everyone the pics of the different tyres of differnentials:

regulary TJs have Dana 30 front, Dana 44 rear with 3.73 gear ratio.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Nice one Moe.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

:bravo: :jeeping: :ad4x4:

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Excuse the absolute ignorance, but could the experts explain in simple terms what the benefits of a diff-lock are, and what are situations in which this may be used? Do you just leave the differential locked as soon as you get into the sand, or do you engage it only on a need-basis? And what are these need-situations??

:?:

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

4x4er wrote:Excuse the absolute ignorance, but could the experts explain in simple terms what the benefits of a diff-lock are, and what are situations in which this may be used? Do you just leave the differential locked as soon as you get into the sand, or do you engage it only on a need-basis? And what are these need-situations??

Diff.lock are there to get you out of trouble or climbing on steep slopes / rock crawling.You just engage it only on the nee-basis.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

I have posted something on the diff locks and locking differentials. It should be useful to read through, however, the usage of diff lockers is based on the type of the diff lockers and terrain you are driving on.

Example is some lockers are not recommended for use when driving above 20kmh, others are to engage once u hit the sand and keep them on till u exit. Front lockers are something to use only when stuck as you won't be able to steer if engaged.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

4x4er wrote:Excuse the absolute ignorance, but could the experts explain in simple terms what the benefits of a diff-lock are, and what are situations in which this may be used? Do you just leave the differential locked as soon as you get into the sand, or do you engage it only on a need-basis? And what are these need-situations??

By Khaiwi
http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... topic&t=44
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

To make it very simple and easy. The main purpose of the differential is to have each wheel spinning at different speed. Like when you are taking a turn, the inside wheel is moving in a lower speed than the outside wheel.

Now when you are in the sand, if one wheel is stuck, most of the power is transferred to the free wheel. So your free wheel will get stuck also.

The Diff lock is used to Lock this action. So if you have one wheel stuck, the power will be distributed between the two wheels and help you to go out of the stuck.

For me, I engage my rear lockers when I enter the dessert (I have the ARB Air Lockers). It helps me a lot while climbing and releases the pressure on my engine as I do not have to rev. that much to reach a dune. However, it is not recommended when side sloping.

Front Lockers are only used when you are stuck.

I hope I managed to explain it easy

konradh

Post by konradh »

iguana wrote:For me, I engage my rear lockers when I enter the dessert (I have the ARB Air Lockers). It helps me a lot while climbing and releases the pressure on my engine as I do not have to rev. that much to reach a dune. However, it is not recommended when side sloping.

:chicken:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

konradh wrote:
iguana wrote:For me, I engage my rear lockers when I enter the dessert (I have the ARB Air Lockers). It helps me a lot while climbing and releases the pressure on my engine as I do not have to rev. that much to reach a dune. However, it is not recommended when side sloping.

:hit: :hithit: :grr:

konradh

Post by konradh »

khaiwi wrote:
konradh wrote:

:makingfun: :yeppe: :behold1: :nopics: :ann:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

konradh wrote:
khaiwi wrote:
konradh wrote: :chicken:
:makingfun: :yeppe: :behold1: :nopics: :ann:
:dontknow: :!: 8O

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

OKOKOKOKOKOK

shall I select the whole library of emoticons and dump it here?

heheheheheheehehe

Nice guys no doubt, you make me smile and I like u all.