How to De-Register a car/Scrap it in AD

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How to De-Register a car/Scrap it in AD

Post by Mac »

Someone I know has an old car that has died on them and the repairs will be more than the value of the vehicle, how can she either scrap or de-register the vehicle, any help with the process to be followed will be appreciated.

Thanks
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re: How to De-Register a car/Scrap it in AD

Post by Gladiator »

yes..Mac..
best thing is let her or someone take the car to the scrap place in Mussafah.. sell the car to any of the scrap shops for any value they offer... then she can go to traffic dept. and ask for the car to be scraped to the shop... the traffic will ask her to hand over her licenses plates.. will give her temp plates to take the car tot he shop.. that’s it.. :D

or .. just sell the car as it is.. for any offer.. am sure lots will come forward to buy :D

overdose

Post by overdose »

Gladiator wrote:yes..Mac..
best thing is let her or someone take the car to the scrap place in Mussafah.. sell the car to any of the scrap shops for any value they offer... then she can go to traffic dept. and ask for the car to be scraped to the shop... the traffic will ask her to hand over her licenses plates.. will give her temp plates to take the car tot he shop.. that’s it.. :D

or .. just sell the car as it is.. for any offer.. am sure lots will come forward to buy :D

LOOL !If she takes her car to the scrap place first and sells it then goes to the traffic dept where will she put the temp plates as the car is already at the scrap place right ?

The easier route is to sell the car to the scrappers then take the plates off ad surrender them to the licensing dept, show them teh reciept fromt the scrap yard and get them to cancel the regestration.

Alternately the plates can be retained for use on the next car to be purchased then only the regestration has to be cancelled.

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

overdose wrote:
Gladiator wrote:yes..Mac..

LOOL !If she takes her car to the scrap place first and sells it then goes to the traffic dept where will she put the temp plates as the car is already at the scrap place right ?
The easier route is to sell the car to the scrappers then take the plates off ad surrender them to the licensing dept, show them teh reciept fromt the scrap yard and get them to cancel the regestration.

Alternately the plates can be retained for use on the next car to be purchased then only the regestration has to be cancelled.

WRONG.. the car is with her.. only after she write off the car to the scraper name and put temp plates on the car , then the car can be given to the scraper..\ :D
:D :D

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Ok you have confused me. Why oh why is there no published procedures for any laws here, asked my Police colleagues and got the answer " What is a second hand car?" Suppose that is why we live in the richest city in the world. :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Mac wrote:Ok you have confused me. Why oh why is there no published procedures for any laws here, asked my Police colleagues and got the answer " What is a second hand car?" Suppose that is why we live in the richest city in the world. :lol:

Mac.. sel the car to a scrap shop he will till you what to do !!!!

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

That is exactly the advice I gave her!! The men will know the procedure.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Mac wrote:That is exactly the advice I gave her!! The men will know the procedure.
but i dont know what this oveerdose is saying !! i scrapted a Car last year !!! so I know :D :D

overdose

Post by overdose »

Gladiator wrote:
Mac wrote:That is exactly the advice I gave her!! The men will know the procedure.
but i dont know what this oveerdose is saying !! i scrapted a Car last year !!! so I know :D :D

LOOOL Just read your initial post ..

You first say take the car to the scrap yard ...then you say sell it to the scrap yard ...then you say go to the traffic department who will give you a tepm plate ....then you say she needs to put temp plates and take it to the scrap yard. How will she do this when the car is already sold to the srap guy !!!!!

Isn't it clear to you what I am saying ....

The proceedure is actually in reverse....You first go to the licensing dept ....surrender the original plates, take temp lates ....only THEN you go to the scrap yard and sell the car.

Thats what I was trying to say and that is the official proceedure and NOT what you said initially !!

Mac I hope this clears it for you and your lady friend.

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

no , becuse when u scarpe the car from trafic you have to scrap it to a shop or someone !!!

once you cancle the plates.. you or anyone can't drive it.. and they will NOT allow you to leave it in the streets... the car has to belong to someone....

so the shop wil give you his informations to scare it in their name .. you cant just cancle the plate and leave it in the street like that... and if you cncle the plates.. how you or the shop be able to drive it to the shop??

I hope I am clear as I did it last year !!

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

On that back of a recovery truck maybe? You assume that the car in question is actually running/drivable, but in the first sentence it says it has died.

So what one must do is find a buyer for it, get their details, visit Muroor (does the scrapper have to come with?), turn in the current plates and transfer registration/ownership to the scrapper, pick up temp plates, arrange delivery to the scrapper (can be done at time of sale me thinks). It doesn't sound too daunting but then again....
the other,
Eric
'09 JK, slightly modified

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

even if the car on a recovery truck... you are NOT allowed to cancel license plate and just leave it...

Ok you removd the plates.. went to Muror ... told them here take these back and i don't want the car any more...

now the junk car... where you gonna keep it??? who is responsible for it?? you just leave it on some street corner??

the car has to be scarpt to a shop or an individual... either way traffic needs to write in someone’s name!!!

I have NO more to say on this subject
!!! :mrgreen:

overdose

Post by overdose »

LOOOOL

Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nasser »

The procedure being followed to de-register a car is as follows:

Go to the Traffic Dept with the Registration Card and number plates. Clear all traffic fines, if any.
At the counter, simply tell them you want to de-register the car. At this point, you have 2 options.

Option 1 - You can de-register the car and they will give you a document confirming continued ownership of the de-registered vehicle. With this document as proof that you are the owner, you can keep the de-registered vehicle idle for as long as you want provided it is properly parked in an approved slot...now that is for you to figure out. When you decide to sell it, you will have to come again to the traffic to transfer ownership of the de-registered vehicle to the new owner.

Option 2 - Follow the above process and assuming that your buyer is ready, immediately transfer the ownership of the de-registered vehicle to the new party. The new owner will now have a document as proof that the de-registered vehicle is his, and any time he wants to put it back on the road, he can register the vehicle again after passing the necessary technical tests or can rip it apart and sell it as spare parts.

In both cases, you are not required to bring the vehicle to the traffic dept. Just the reg card and number plates.
I hope this answers your question.
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

overdose

Post by overdose »

+ 1 that sums up the whole deal in a nutshell !!