Jeep engine ?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
WildFire

Jeep engine ?

Post by WildFire »

Hi :)

Is there any deffirence between the Jeep 4.0 6I engines (Wranglers) in term of internal parts (such as crank shaft , connecting rods , pistons , cam shafts , rocker arms , valves or valve springs) :?:

For me they look the same from the out side ....
And if the are the same ... does it mean that i can install a cam shaft of older model for examble :?:

Regards,

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

What year is your Jeep? Most of the internal engine parts interchange between all years except the camshaft. The '98 & earlier camshaft will only work in a '99 & later engine if you also use the '94-'98 camshaft sprocket and bolt kit.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi again,

My Jeep is a 2005 Tj..
I am asking alot as iam gathering info. for my next step in Nov'2007 :twisted:

I've seen the Hesco web page in one of yuor earlier threads .... and i checked it ...
Very nice and alot to choose from .. (realy I felt like a kid in a candy store).

The formula that i want to reach is to get the best out of the engine with out using forced induction(registration again and again)

Furthermore, the plan is to spent about 35000 to 40000 dhs. on performance mods. ..... therefore, i want to do things correctly from the first time.

and i would like to thank you and the other members for sharing all that knowledge and experience.

Regards,

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

35-40K , holy $hit dude. 8O

u can get the 4.7 stroker with installation - 10-12K from Hesco or buy your parts together like Chuck did , do some porting and polishing while you're at it , high performance camshaft, reprogram ECU or get a motec ECU and u could be pumping out over 300bhp easily i reckon...and still be under 35K.
chances are you'll only be able to run 98 octane fuel once re-programmed.
upgrading your cooling system & clutch should be done too.

i'm curious though , with all that power , how fast the other parts are gonna start wearing though ?
Diff's , gearbox...

or u could get the complete 4.7 from gollen complete with block & start playing with that for more power...

most of all you have to remember...if you stroke it..it will become bigger :mrgreen:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi :D ,

What upgrades do you recommend for diff. , transmision , shafts, axcels or any other parts ?

:oops: i didn't coneder these ( thanks :D ) in fact i thoght it is OK and maight survive.

I think 300hp is fare .... isnt it :lol:

Regads,

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Dont know to be honest.

i'd imagine the CV joints on prop shaft & drive shaft would wear faster...seen some Tj's & a Yj with crazy performance mods & a bit of lift, they go through a couple of drive & prop shafts before they go all out and get like a custom woods carbon core fancy pants driveshaft..

i dunno..i'd like to find out. ideally i'd like to imagine the Dana 44 & 30 on the TJ could take it...

best check some forums where they smack on superchargers & do V8 conversions...coz i dont know..sorry!

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

WildFire wrote:Hi :D ,

What upgrades do you recommend for diff. , transmision , shafts, axcels or any other parts ?

:oops: i didn't coneder these ( thanks :D ) in fact i thoght it is OK and maight survive.

I think 300hp is fare .... isnt it :lol:

Regads,
AlYasi & performance can help in that contact Hisham 050 6993379
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

I Will (insha'allah)... But iam waiting for some $$ in November and this is one reason for waiting?

What im trying to do is to know what I need in advace ...inorder to be ready :lol:

Iam not sure if they will reply if iam are asking only.... because, for many of performance work shops they ask you to come and then they will start talking...

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

WildFire wrote:I Will (insha'allah)... But AM waiting for some $$ in November and this is one reason for waiting?

What I'm trying to do is to know what I need in advance ...in order to be ready :lol:

Am not sure if they will reply if AM are asking only.... because, for many of performance work shops they ask you to come and then they will start talking...
pay him a visit say what u need & what they have u like it tell him u gonna come back later, mention my name or give me a call when you r there

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

I Will (insha'allah) but , only when i'll be on leave .... after 13th march :crying: .... as i am on site till then. :crying:

Thanks alot

Regards,

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

WildFire wrote:I Will (insha'allah) but , only when i'll be on leave .... after 13th march :crying: .... as i am on site till then. :crying:

Thanks alot

Regards,
till then good luck