Radio Reception, especially with Emirates FM, the better mix

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Radio Reception, especially with Emirates FM, the better mix

Post by Chuck »

Hi Guys,

in my Cherokee the noise of the engine makes the music, but sometimes i also switch on my Radio to Emirates FM.

You know thats the channel which says.... the better mix.

Now, they send on 99.3 and 106.0 but most of the times i have on both frequencies a lausy reception.

Now my questions:

Is it

a, because i am driving a Jeep which is not equipped with a good radio or something is wrong with it at all ?

b, interferience with other sources and my Radio is to sensitive for that ?

c, Radio FM is sending their program with bad equipment ?

Other channels like 100.5 i get with excellent reception, strange isnt it ?

What is your experience with the reception of 99.3 and 106.0 , especially when you live in Abu Dhabi ?

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Chuck, we (old guys) love this channel as it plays our old songs not the new type of songs where only say F***, Sh** or A** :lol: :lol: :lol:

The reception of this channel is normally Ok on 106 within the city, but when you go near Mussafah or after that the reception goes bad ... In Dubai, there is no reception at all .. I think you need to check your antena .. Most of the time those Radio repair shops does not hook it back when they repair the radio ... Otherwise, you need to change the radio to get a better one
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

iguana wrote:Chuck, we (old guys) love this channel as it plays our old songs not the new type of songs where only say F***, Sh** or A** :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Dubai, there is no reception at all .. I think you need to check your antena .. Most of the time those Radio repair shops does not hook it back when they repair the radio ... Otherwise, you need to change the radio to get a better one
Ah, you mean those words like Fun, Shubidubidu and Ajajajaja ? These are not forbidden words, are they ? :D

For the reception in Dubai, i just switch to 99.3 and than i have better sound, but still lausy.

So, if this is a common problem with the Jeep Radios, maybe i have to think of to get me a superduper new Radio, but right now there is "mafi flus" in my pocket, because of the new engine :wink:

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Hey Chuck,,
Welcome to the "MAFI FULUS" Club, It's a JEEP thing, I think u understand, right guys :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Chuck the recieption is bad inside AD, my brand new honda always has bad reciption, in most channels, but i stay away from buildinbgs it will be better :D
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Chuck, in my new Wrangler the reception is superb within the city, but as previously stated gets very poor near Dubai and no reception at all in Al Ain. Looks like your radio needs replacing :cry: :cry: :cry:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Chuck, in my new Wrangler the reception is superb within the city, but as previously stated gets very poor near Dubai and no reception at all in Al Ain. Looks like your radio needs replacing :cry: :cry: :cry:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

malpatt wrote:but as previously stated gets very poor near Dubai and no reception at all in Al Ain.
Why ? In Dubai the frequency for Radio FM is 99.3 and should be ok there. For AD it is 106.0, same Station.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

IT IS A JEEP THING WE UNDERSTAND :P :P :P :P
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

bubba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by bubba »

I notice the reception differance between my wrangler and when I drive the work LC.

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Have had no problems with the station either on 106.0 or 99.3 in DXB and Northern Emirates. Yes, it goes completely grainy in Al Ain..

There's another station in testing stage 105.4FM. Nice music, no RJs and no ads! Reception is quite bad, though..