locking differential and differential lock are not the same

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
surfer
Advanced
Advanced

locking differential and differential lock are not the same

Post by surfer »

locking differential and differential lock are not the same thing!

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/locking.html

Diff locks :

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/diff_locks.html

locking differentials (limited slip differentials LSD):

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/limitedslip.html

The site has useful info on offroading, go throught it :

http://www.4x4abc.com/
The jeeper is back.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Electric Superchargers

Post by surfer »

Did anyone come across the electric supercharger, it is supposed to give a 1PSI of boost and 5% increase in power, check it out :

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Im not sure if their claims are geniun or not, just wanted to share with it you guys.
The jeeper is back.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

That a very and useful information
Keep then posted.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

nice electric supercharger.

tape this into your intake pipe...same same...

cool post though :wink:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi,

I think the same method is used in the Turbonator as they call it. But, is it efficent ,
Idont know. :?: :?:

You may check this link http://www.turbonator.com/

Really .... what do you think about it? do you think these are usefull?

Regards,

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Surfer, I can feel that you have something in mind? you are doing a big research ..... :roll: :roll:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

iguana wrote:Surfer, I can feel that you have something in mind? you are doing a big research ..... :roll: :roll:
I dont think that this electric supercharger will do much, if it does, i will connect 5 in series and get 25% increase in power.

Iguana, you know how badly im infected with the modification bug, i spent around 200k on the patrol and couldnt help it. Now its the wrangler turn, im trying to get the info on how these mods work before i decide to go with any. My next list of mods for next season so far has R&P and rear diff lock, im trying to learn more about them before fitting any.

If it wasnt for the registration nightmare every year, i would have fitted the car with a supercharger or anything to get a V8 power out of the car, i love powerful cars man, my dream is to have a 500 HP car :lol:

When i come across any useful sites, i post them here to share the knowledge and save the time for others, my job is keep the internet running for you guys, so i know a thing or two on how to find stuff on the internet :lol:
The jeeper is back.

GentleMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by GentleMan »

Surfer, alsalam alaikum

Need your assistance, if possible. looking for Nissan Patrol 98 2 doors diff lock. What are the options?!
Previous Nickname:[TheWhiteWolf]<br>"Ain't no easy horses, but you gotta learn to ride!" <br>Taleb.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

TheWhiteWolf wrote:Surfer, alsalam alaikum

Need your assistance, if possible. looking for Nissan Patrol 98 2 doors diff lock. What are the options?!
My patrol had it when i bought it from the agency, but i will look around, im still reading around to get one for my wrangler, i will let you know if i come across anything for the patrol. The problem with the patrol is that its not available in the US, you wont find any with the american companies, usually australian companies manufacture mods for the patrol, i guess ARB has diff locks for patrol, this is the one i came across so far.
The jeeper is back.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

the 98 had the 4.2 carby engine..new shape , old engine TB42
if u get one with the 4.5 you're better off.-TB45
after 2003 ones had the fuel injection.-TB45E , same as the '98 LWB and used til the 4.8VTC came out.
if u find a clean one , no abuse , good condition , dont worry abt the difflock.
make sure u get the engine u want & it's in decent shape with good interior specs, check engine mounts , synchro's on 3rd/4th gear..
the ozzies have wonderful toys for the patrols...dont worry difflocks.
u can easily put in an ARB rear locker or get a factory electric locker off an accident car.

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Worthless.......!

Post by FearUAE »

WildFire wrote:Hi,

I think the same method is used in the Turbonator as they call it. But, is it efficent ,
Idont know. :?: :?:

You may check this link http://www.turbonator.com/

Really .... what do you think about it? do you think these are usefull?

Regards,
Salaam.

Dont go for it, it is useless worthless thing.......I dont recall in which garbage i threw it,...!

GentleMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by GentleMan »

Thank you Kris for your usual technical support and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Actually I do have that SWB 4200cc carby monster but without difflock and I'm planning to fix the used factory one. Thanks for the advice.

with regard to the machine, do you recommend me changing the machine to 4500cc 2003?

Surfer, hope you find what you want!
Previous Nickname:[TheWhiteWolf]<br>"Ain't no easy horses, but you gotta learn to ride!" <br>Taleb.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thanks 4 the links surfur
with regard to the machine, do you recommend me changing the machine to 4500cc 2003?
if i remember correctly, the 2003 SWB had the 4500CC engine but it was not fuel ingected, it still had the carb. the injectors came in the SWB in 2004 or 2005 i think.

but anyways thats not our subject, if your goin to swap your engine i'd say go for the VTC 4.8 ... coz IMO swapping to the 4500cc isnt that big of a change, you can modify the 4.2 with the engine swap money

just my thoughts :roll:

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

pleasure.
yep,Abdalla's right , the after '03 came with the efi.(i.e. 04 onwards)

sorry didnt know u were just lookin for the difflocks & already had the car.

wouldnt bother going from 4.2 to 4.5 either.

If u do it , do it properly and slam in a 4.8 complete with ecu & gearbox.. :twisted:
personally wouldnt really bother unless u plan on keeping the car for a looooong time..

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

I totaly agree ..... If you are planing to spend money go for 4.8 vetec engine :twisted: .

Some friends said that Joy Garage in Al Thaied does it for 30,000 Dhs. and he is doing a very good quality job.

Regards,