Wrangler V8 Conversion

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Wrangler V8 Conversion

Post by MegaMoe »

FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thanks for the link megamoe, love to read abt these things 8)

bookmarked it

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

WOW
Looks so simple and solid mods.
It nice to do a project vehicle lusing that information.

Can anybody know the guys on Jeep so that he can give us the swapping letter indicating that the there is no more spare parts for the TJ,so that the ADNOC guys will allow for the swap, Or is there onether way to get it register, If so Iam in for modificationand i can find the project car.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Mpenzi wrote:WOW

Can anybody know the guys on Jeep so that he can give us the swapping letter indicating that the there is no more spare parts for the TJ,so that the ADNOC guys will allow for the swap, Or is there onether way to get it register

This require a :behold: DEVINE INTERVENTION

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

Have a look at this web site, it has the "code of practice for light vehicle construction and modification" for australia, they have guidelines for all types of mods for cars, man when are we getting to their level, everything is regulated, here everything is forbidden, mods are work of the devil, stay away from them :D

I almost cried when i went through the PDF files they have, im thinking of migrating to australia :lol:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/safe ... _ncop.aspx
The jeeper is back.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

By the way .....

I heared from some friends that Ben Slayem Performance (BSP) gives a certificate for registring the car if it was modified by them.....Iam not sure about this information....but, possible.

My concern in shifting to V8 is will it be better than modefing the 4.0 of the jeep (off road performance not street racing)..

In fact last month (January) i've spent all the week ends in RAK- Awafi and i saw a new type of cheap quality use less (in term of off road compitition) V8 conversations done to old Nissan Patrols.

They are swapping to old Lexus V8 engines (1990 to 1992) with a total cost of less than 6000 Dhs.

They can beat me easily in a street race but, during the a small compitition orginaized by some guys there (when you start directly from under the dune to reach the highest point) I won 8) as they need some space to pick up momentom .. and i have the trofy (SHARA) at home...

And this is the reason why i am concerned about swapping to a V8.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

WildFire wrote:By the way .....

I heared from some friends that Ben Slayem Performance (BSP) gives a certificate for registring the car if it was modified by them.....Iam not sure about this information....but, possible.

My concern in shifting to V8 is will it be better than modefing the 4.0 of the jeep (off road performance not street racing)..

In fact last month (January) i've spent all the week ends in RAK- Awafi and i saw a new type of cheap quality use less (in term of off road compitition) V8 conversations done to old Nissan Patrols.

They are swapping to old Lexus V8 engines (1990 to 1992) with a total cost of less than 6000 Dhs.

They can beat me easily in a street race but, during the a small compitition orginaized by some guys there (when you start directly from under the dune to reach the highest point) I won 8) as they need some space to pick up momentom .. and i have the trofy (SHARA) at home...

And this is the reason why i am concerned about swapping to a V8.

I have that ben sulayem paper, its a "to whom it may concern", it simply says that the work was done at the highest quality. They dont have anything to do with reg, you are on you own.
The jeeper is back.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

surfer wrote:Have a look at this web site, it has the "code of practice for light vehicle construction and modification" for australia, they have guidelines for all types of mods for cars, man when are we getting to their level, everything is regulated, here everything is forbidden, mods are work of the devil, stay away from them :D

I almost cried when i went through the PDF files they have, im thinking of migrating to australia :lol:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/safe ... _ncop.aspx
This is very important and everybody is adhere to it. I wish we could have something like that here. In absence to that you are subjected to lies and cheat.

Guys, Bin Sulaym is very expensive and you better buy a new car than take it to them.
Look, you can buy a good V8 GMC engine in Musafah scrap yard,tranfer gear can be purchased again very cheaply.So you can do it yourself if you have a garage space.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Every time i see this pic. i feel like to :crying:

Unfortunatly this is almost impossible here....

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

No wildfire,
I used to know a guy with a 7.something liter in a wrangler.... don't know if it was registered or not BUT it's possible here...

You're thinking about it .. gogogo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

I often wonder how all these Nissan Patrols with Big Block Chevy V8's manage to get through the vehicle inspection, but then the owners are probably stinking rich anyway and have the wasta. If they're well connected with the traffic cops they can get away with just about anything.
I'm sticking to stroker I6 power for now but if I decide I need more speed, I'll bolt on a supercharger and make it invisible to the vehicle inspectors. :wink:
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

WildFire, Me too bro :evil:

I used to know a guy with a 7.something liter in a wrangler.... don't know if it was registered or not BUT it's possible here...
Miro, i've seen a YJ with a Dodge Viper engine, thats an 8.0 V10 .. crazy stuff lol
I often wonder how all these Nissan Patrols with Big Block Chevy V8's manage to get through the vehicle inspection, but then the owners are probably stinking rich anyway and have the wasta. If they're well connected with the traffic cops they can get away with just about anything.
I'm sticking to stroker I6 power for now but if I decide I need more speed, I'll bolt on a supercharger and make it invisible to the vehicle inspectors.
DinoStroker, well usually these cars are never registered, they only use them occasionally, and some when its time for registration they swap the engine .. while some others have wasta :wink:

funny that you mentioned the making invisible to the vehicle inspectors thing lol ... just today i was thinking if i ever do something like this i'll cover the engine with some kind of these plastic covers that one sees on some car engines, not to much though we dont want him taking the cover of lol

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

WildFire wrote:Unfortunatly this is almost impossible here....
:oops: I mean being able to use it as normal people would do ..... by regestring it :lol:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Today, when i was in Al Salam st. fitting some stickers, one guy came in we had a chat ..

He told me that it is possible now to register cars that are modifaied or converted to V8 in Abudhabi.

As he said that he saw a red Jeep in the 7 performance work shop being equiped with Lumina SS V8 engine which was regestred with no problems.

Any idea about the subject ...

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

WildFire wrote:Today, when i was in Al Salam st. fitting some stickers, one guy came in we had a chat ..

He told me that it is possible now to register cars that are modifaied or converted to V8 in Abudhabi.

As he said that he saw a red Jeep in the 7 performance work shop being equiped with Lumina SS V8 engine which was regestred with no problems.

Any idea about the subject ...
Sahrawi is the owner of the red jeep in 7 performance better ask him urself.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71