AEM Brute Force Intake System

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

AEM Brute Force Intake System

Post by abdalla »

AEM Jeep TJ Brute Force Intake System

am thinking of getting this intake system, the main diff. between this and the other systems is that the cone filter it self is a new "dry" system unlike the others that have oil systems (if i can say so) so with the dry system cleaning is much more easier than the other type, also the AEM system comes with the throttle spacer as well.

so any ideas guys ?

Product link
http://www.quadratec.com/products/17012_004_07.htm

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

dont go for it, it'll suck all the dust in. if u want to get one, get one of the good brands like:
-k&n
-Airaid
-aFe (Mopar)

dry intakes filters are very bad and will pass most dust into the engine.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Mixed reviews.
some say the dry ones let more dust pass through , others say they're great.

I ordered the dry filter ( its white ) , but got the wet filter shipped (red) & was upset abt it at the beginning , but did some more reading , and im happy with the wet filter from AEM.Added a K&N pre-charger (that i suggest to anyone using an open air filter!! its fantastic).

Friend rolled his jeep that had a dry filter , could've taken it off him , but decided against it.
Wet filters have been tried and tested in our conditions.Many say the filter oil on the filter helps trap the finer dust particles that get through the pre-charger.
Also , dry filters also need to be serviced similarly to the wet ones , and i'd imagine it's harder to get the liquid for it.
If u go with K&N for example , you can find the filter oil & cleaning solution in many places - golden auto if you're in shj , ramy trading & many accesory shops in dubai , arb in abu dhabi.

Pre-charger for the filter costs 60-ish dhs and is magic.100% recommend it.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thanks for the replies guys ...

well, this particular filter has been tested along with the K&N and Airaid filters, the results showed that the AEM had higher efficiency than the other in catching dust, while the other have higher flow.

here is a link
http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/prod ... ilter.html

am also thinking abt the Airaid i've read good reviews abt it