Bush Ranger Air Max Engine compartment mounting

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bush Ranger Air Max Engine compartment mounting

Post by Mac »

I have had a Bush Ranger Air Max compressor for some time, now I have 06 Wrangler, how easy is it to fix in the engine compartment? Looks like there is space on the left side of engine compartment? Advice welcome. Thanks Mal
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

this is how i did it malpatt, its very solid.

FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks Moe.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

be sure to change the filter regularly or bye bye compressor , regardless of where u mount it..

Ahmed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ahmed »

Hi Mal,

Thats exactly where i have mounted the air compressor in my jeep also -- only thing different is i have air nozzle pointing in the opposite direction as compared to Moe's

By the way Kris are the filters easily available for these compressor's and if so where can one get it.

Ahmed

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Available in ARB shop in musaffah easy to replace
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

yep , they come in packs of 5 or something in Ace , not expensive at all.they're small donut shaped lil grey things with a bit of white.

u just take apart the filter housing , old filter out , new filter in , clip the filter housing back together...
if u dont replace you'll get dirt into the pump housing and wear out the seal making your compressor useless...been there , broke that... :?

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks everyone great advice as usual, what a club for assistance & guidance. cooooooooooool :P :P :P :P :cheers1:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thanks for the useful info guys ..

Good luck malpatt :wink:

Dee See

Post by Dee See »

Can I ask why under the bonnet? Is it simply because the Wrangler's incredible lack of space gives you no other option?...If thats the case then I would have left the compressor in the softbag that accompanies it.
Two elements that kill a compressor are both found in abundance under the bonnet of every 4x4....high heat temperatures and lots of dust and dirt!
It would be interesting to hear how often the thermal trip kicks in compared to a free standing and properly vented compressor. Feed back anyone?

I have a compressor mounted in a purpose built rear storage compartment...it's linked upto a 5 gallon air tank for rapid air displacement.....plus it's not exposed to heat and dirt.
I've run bayonet socket air fittings into the sills each side of the car so I just plug in the air line and pump away.
A pressure switch activates the relay when the pressure goes below 5 bar.... I also need an air tank to run the air horns!

I think under bonnet mounting of such a compressor will serious reduce it's effective life. There are purpose designed compressors on the market that are designed to run in such an under bonnet environment...but they don't cost 500Dhs thats for sure!
Big Red, Blue Tongue and the best one is the twin headed Australian built 'Magnum'....the god of portable air compressors!

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Dee See, Thanks 4 the advice and info :)

malpatt should consider this IMO.

Dee See

Update request of compressor performance

Post by Dee See »

Hey...MegaMoe.
Can you provide an update on how your compressor is working? Any problems to report? Does the compressor still pump as fast as when it was box mounted? How long will it operate before the thermal trip works?
Have any of the plastic components distorted with the under bonnet heat? Are the filters still doing their job etc?

Thanks and regards.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Re: Update request of compressor performance

Post by MegaMoe »

Dee See wrote:Hey...MegaMoe.
Can you provide an update on how your compressor is working? Any problems to report? Does the compressor still pump as fast as when it was box mounted? How long will it operate before the thermal trip works?
Have any of the plastic components distorted with the under bonnet heat? Are the filters still doing their job etc?

Thanks and regards.
everything is working perfectly as good as new, i've had it under the hood for almost 2 years and i've changed the filter once and the old wasnt even that dirty.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71