Tires Question, Please Help....

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Tires Question, Please Help....

Post by XJ »

Finally I got my Jeep Cherokee in my hand :D :D :D :D :D :D

My question here I have 16 inch rims on my jeep, and the size is 235/70/16 and I have been looking everywhere and I can not find A/T or nice tires for sand dunning the same size, all what I find in all brands just soft design tires no AT tires.

I have been looking for that tire size in USA websites and they have a very nice designs for that size, do you know a place that brings tires NOT through current GCC dealers that maybe I can find the some other styles tires, or somebody can import the tires and can do it fast.

And I do not want to change the rims, it is very nice and clean and I like it.

So these are my options: :idea: :!: :?:

1- Install whatever they have here in UAE soft design (I am not sure if this will give trouble or it will be okay???)
2- Buy it here from somebody that imports different designs that not available with GCC dealers ( I need to know if somebody does that)
3- Import from USA ( Do you know somebody can import it)

Please help :cry: 8O :cry:

Last edited by XJ on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Cooper Discoverer ATR , nice tire , cooper's are great. also very robust , good speedrating on the ATR.
they have them in that size , or try 235/80R17 , they're a bit bigger.
also should have them in 245/70 , 255/70 , 265/70.
Check the shops in BMW road in Shj if u live in Dubai.
The 3rd shop is the one i use. They'll try to rip u off , but can get u the tires u want.

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Kris wrote:Cooper Discoverer ATR , nice tire , cooper's are great. also very robust , good speedrating on the ATR.
The 3rd shop is the one i use. They'll try to rip u off , but can get u the tires u want.
Dear Chris, thanks for the info, i live in Abu Dhabi, do you have phone number just to confirm that they have it before i go to Shj.

Thanks
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Hi kkamro

Tamer our club marshal just got them from duabi last month,,,, same the cooper tyres Kris is telling u about....

try to PM him ...

Cheers and good luck...
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Tires Question, Please Help....

Post by Chuck »

kkamro wrote:Finally I got my Jeep Cherokee in my hand :D :D :D :D :D :D

My question here I have 17 inch rims on my jeep, and the size is 235/70/17 and I have been looking everywhere and I can not find A/T or nice tires for sand dunning the same size, all what I find in all brands just soft design tires no AT tires.
Hi kkamro,

congrats for that nice Cherokee. Im glad that you finally get it.

Your Rim-size is 16" i believe, not 17". I have the same Rims on my Cherokee in germany and they are 16".

Anyway, the *** Cepec from Mickey Thomson are nice and also those from Kumho and they are available in
31" x 10.5 x 16" but also in other ( smaller and bigger ) sizes. I know a Dealer in AD were you can get them.

This Tires are good onroad and good in desert as well. There are some others available in this size which look quite good.

http://www.dickcepek.com/MC_Radial.html

or Kumho

http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_deta ... 4000000000

But keep in mind, if you want to go for bigger ones as your stock tires, such as 31" you will have scratching without having a lift.

I sent you my mobile Nr. before already. If you need help, just call me.

Cheers

Uwe

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

mabrooOOk el jeep kkamro, looking good .. Love the color :D

i cant really help :oops: but am sure you got your answer from the guys

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Tires Question, Please Help....

Post by XJ »

Chuck wrote:
kkamro wrote:Finally I got my Jeep Cherokee in my hand :D :D :D :D :D :D

My question here I have 17 inch rims on my jeep, and the size is 235/70/17 and I have been looking everywhere and I can not find A/T or nice tires for sand dunning the same size, all what I find in all brands just soft design tires no AT tires.
Hi kkamro,

congrats for that nice Cherokee. Im glad that you finally get it.

Your Rim-size is 16" i believe, not 17". I have the same Rims on my Cherokee in germany and they are 16".

Anyway, the *** Cepec from Mickey Thomson are nice and also those from Kumho and they are available in
31" x 10.5 x 16" but also in other ( smaller and bigger ) sizes. I know a Dealer in AD were you can get them.

This Tires are good onroad and good in desert as well. There are some others available in this size which look quite good.

http://www.dickcepek.com/MC_Radial.html

or Kumho

http://www.kumhotire.com/tire/tire_deta ... 4000000000

But keep in mind, if you want to go for bigger ones as your stock tires, such as 31" you will have scratching without having a lift.

I sent you my mobile Nr. before already. If you need help, just call me.

Cheers

Uwe
Chuck you are right it is 16 i made a typo mistake, i will try to call you tomorrow.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

abdalla wrote:mabrooOOk el jeep kkamro, looking good .. Love the color :D

i cant really help :oops: but am sure you got your answer from the guys
Thanks
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Mabrool Khaldoun. Now you can go affraoding without thinking of the bumper.

As Chuck said. Bigger tires = Lift kit as well. So before just getting the tires, set your budget and then decide.

You can check all your Jeep requirements on www.quadratec.com there you will have a good idea about the prices.

Jeep, our popular member is ordering all the Quadratec things for us now with great prices that will save you lots of money. Give him a call or PM him with your quadratec order and the part numbers and he will send you the cost in no time.

I think you can find your size in BF Goodrich A/T which is also a good tire

Good luck in your research and mebarook for the car.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

kkamro wrote:
Kris wrote:Cooper Discoverer ATR , nice tire , cooper's are great. also very robust , good speedrating on the ATR.
Dear Chris, thanks for the info, i live in Abu Dhabi, do you have phone number just to confirm that they have it before i go to Shj.

Thanks
sorry havent got any phone numbers..they dont speak much english and my arabic mixed with irani isnt that good these days :wink:
if u go for coopers , the stt's are the aggresive mud tires ( love them!) , but they're not sufficiently speed rated ( til 140/150 or smthg).atr's are properly speed rated incase u do reach 160-170 occasionally.
have fun with ur car, mabrook.

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

CONGRATULATION , looks 100% like my old 2001 Jeep

2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

thanks guys hope the best to all.

Finally Iguana i do not have to worry about my front bumper any more.....
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Ghanem wrote:CONGRATULATION , looks 100% like my old 2001 Jeep

Ghanem, it looks like my jeep, man but mine is 2000 not 2001, i have a question for you i see you installed the goodyear wrangler tires or your jeep how was the performance on these tires is it good or the desgin is too soft?
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Hi Kris, i might need to call you to know exactly where can i get the Coopers from for my Cherokee, currently 255, 70/15 :?:

Any idea on the price range :?: :?:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

DiVeR wrote:
Hi Kris, i might need to call you to know exactly where can i get the Coopers from for my Cherokee, currently 255, 70/15 :?:

Any idea on the price range :?: :?:
Dear Diver, did you decide what to install, i guess i will go with the Bridgeston Duller the one we was talking about when i saw you in the shop, did you find out about it these or not?

For the cooper ask National Tire ask for Abu Abdlah and he can get you a qoute for the coopers, he tried to get me for my jep but they do not have them is 16inch.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-