Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

DiVeR wrote:Can they get 15" :?: :?:
I am not sure he was looking for 16 for me but they do not have it, but it worth to ask his cell phone 050-4433483 his name Abu Abdalah.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

if u go in the morning , if u dont have what they want , they'll try and have it by after lunch = 4:30ish ...which means a long lunch in the nearby Sahara Centre :wink:

just my personal opinion , but i would stay away from the bridgestone duelers , be it A/T , H/T ..i dont like them at all. Had the stock ones that came with the patrol , 1 burst out on the highway at 120 , the rest split at the seams and had cracks in them real quick , they were all new.
went through 13 pieces of those , 3 werent replaced under warranty , but the other 10 were.

Diver , calling me isnt gonna do u much good as i'm not in Dubai at the moment.
If u know your way around Dubai & know where Al Mulla Plaza is , then you're on the Dubai-Sharjah Highway heading towards Sharjah.
U take the exit to the Sahara Centre which is just before the first bridge as you're coming into Shj.
U go right , pass Sahara Centre on your right , keep going straight , (keep in the middle lane) , after you pass under the 2nd flyover , you'll see the shops on your right.
The 3rd one is usually good.Dont go to the 1st one.I'm boycotting him :wink:

Here ya go ,for better visualisation. 25°18'16.19"N 55°23'15.09"E
The lagoon u see in the top left corner is the Al Khan Lagoon.

If u dont find any tires & or rims for your car in this road , then the UAE doesnt have it :wink:

I'd need a favour from anyone in Abu Dhabi going to tire & rim shops , please.
Could u check for 10 inch wide rims with an 8 bolt pattern , preferably from the "GT-Wheel" brand , 16 inch rim.
Its for a Chevy Silverado pickup, same 8 inch bolt pattern as a Chevy Avalanche.
If u could just if they have them in stock i'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

kkamro wrote:
I am not sure he was looking for 16 for me but they do not have it, but it worth to ask his cell phone 050-4433483 his name Abu Abdalah.
Thanks KK, i'll call him tomorrow & keep you posted. If you need any help with the front recovery point tell me. I used mine & it didn't touch the bumpers.
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Karim

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks Kris, i think this should get me there. Thanks a bunch :wink:

Karim

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

DiVeR wrote:
kkamro wrote:
Thanks KK, i'll call him tomorrow & keep you posted. If you need any help with the front recovery point tell me. I used mine & it didn't touch the bumpers.
Diver what did you do for the front recovery point or you kept it stock?

Also kris made me affraid to install the tires, i guess I have to go to Shrjah to check as a last resort on tires, if no body carries any thing AT tires for 16 rims which i really like and do not want to replace, i will go with Bridgeston.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

My Cherokee didn't have any recovery points. But the place is there for them. As for the front points, you have 2 options, you either put it in its exact place but this is like 30 cm inside (i did this as its more stronger and i used it without a problem) or you can put it just under the bumper but it will need more work and an extension to fix it in a strong position. I know 2 shops in Mussafah who deal in Cherokee scrap and they can get the job done successfully.

Karim

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

DiVeR wrote:My Cherokee didn't have any recovery points. But the place is there for them. As for the front points, you have 2 options, you either put it in its exact place but this is like 30 cm inside (i did this as its more stronger and i used it without a problem) or you can put it just under the bumper but it will need more work and an extension to fix it in a strong position. I know 2 shops in Mussafah who deal in Cherokee scrap and they can get the job done successfully.
Diver just send me your cellphone so i can call you to discuss and also i may go to Sharja tomorrow (afte noon i finish work about 3 pm)to look for tires, if you want you can come with me and maybe we can get a deal both of us.

My cell 050-4579747
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

kkamro , u finish work at 3 , leave to dubai ,
you reach dubai pretty much at rush hour , til you're in sharjah , it'll be crazy.
i reckon it'd be ok til about 4:30...5-6 is really busy , gets better after 9 again.

i'm not sure if it's worth the trip from Abu Dhabi to Sharjah for tires , unless u work in dubai ofcourse.
shops closed from 1-4p.m.

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

kkamro wrote:
DiVeR wrote:My Cherokee didn't have any recovery points. But the place is there for them. As for the front points, you have 2 options, you either put it in its exact place but this is like 30 cm inside (i did this as its more stronger and i used it without a problem) or you can put it just under the bumper but it will need more work and an extension to fix it in a strong position. I know 2 shops in Mussafah who deal in Cherokee scrap and they can get the job done successfully.
Diver just send me your cellphone so i can call you to discuss and also i may go to Sharja tomorrow (afte noon i finish work about 3 pm)to look for tires, if you want you can come with me and maybe we can get a deal both of us.

My cell 050-4579747
My mob. is 2863583, but i don't finish work before 5. let us talk any way :wink:

Karim