ring & pinion on 31*10.5 tyres

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
jeep
Advanced
Advanced

ring & pinion on 31*10.5 tyres

Post by jeep »

i just came back from my test drive in the desert.
i went with berto and one of my friends entered at 11:00 am came out at 2:00 pm

it was good i think we had a very good drive.

ok now about my test i tried the ring & pinion 4.56 on my 31*10..5 tyres , seems very good i didn't have any problem.

and my monster is now ready to kick some nasty azz :wink: :wink: :wink:

tomorrow morning i'll take it to the workshop in dubai (Bosch Service Center) i'll try them out , sure i'll give boss Doc a call on my way to them so i'll get a vip service and a poor guy price :D
Last edited by jeep on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

mabroook jeep on your new mods 8)

hope everything is fine ...

So wht else did you do to the car ? lockers ? SYE & CV ? anything tell us man :D

I'd say you should fit 32" tyres, especially that you use your car on the highway, just a thought ... khaiwi could advice you on this matter

Good luck with the JEEP :D

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

abdalla wrote:mabroook jeep on your new mods 8)

So wht else did you do to the car ? lockers ? SYE & CV ? anything tell us man :D

I'd say you should fit 32" tyres, especially that you use your car on the highway, just a thought ... khaiwi could advice you on this matter

yah i got the front and rear ARB lockers.
the SYE and CV , maybe at a later stage , they are not that important.

Tomorrow i'll change my bushwacker 4 3/4 fender flares with the bushwacker 6" fender flares , also i'm gona install the new rims and thinking to get new tyres again 31*10.5 but still didn't decide on the brand.

and about the lift kit , khalas i'll keep the 2.5" old man emu i think its enough , no need to go higher and have a good looking car which might not be really that stable. i will not use the 32" tyres because i need to have a good space between the tyres and the body of the car i already with the 31" tyres have a problem that sometimes the tyres scratch the fender flares (having in mind that i have a winch at the front which makes the car lower at the front).

i think the only major modification i still will do is the strocker kit , but i'm waiting until chuck finish working on it and then i will start.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

ahha i see, okay man ...

i think the 6" fenders look too wide for the 31*10.5 tyres ... but anyways thats your call ...

Good luck ..

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

jeep wrote:
abdalla wrote:mabroook jeep on your new mods 8)

yah i got the front and rear ARB lockers.
the SYE and CV , maybe at a later stage , they are not that important.

Tomorrow i'll change my bushwacker 4 3/4 fender flares with the bushwacker 6" fender flares , also i'm gona install the new rims and thinking to get new tyres again 31*10.5 but still didn't decide on the brand.

and about the lift kit , khalas i'll keep the 2.5" old man emu i think its enough , no need to go higher and have a good looking car which might not be really that stable. i will not use the 32" tyres because i need to have a good space between the tyres and the body of the car i already with the 31" tyres have a problem that sometimes the tyres scratch the fender flares (having in mind that i have a winch at the front which makes the car lower at the front).

i think the only major modification i still will do is the strocker kit , but i'm waiting until chuck finish working on it and then i will start.
What u remove through it to my side Arbab come 2morrow to AD to try it in musaffah how about that, anyway i like the car low so keep it with 2.5" more stable at the turns especially with Hi speed, as they say size doesnt matter the DRIVER does matter
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

abdalla wrote:ahha i see, okay man ...

i think the 6" fenders look too wide for the 31*10.5 tyres ... but anyways thats your call ...

Good luck ..

yah man 100 % right , i tried but i just couldn't live with them like that , so i changed the tyres to 33" and today at 5:00 pm my car will be out with the 3" lift kit. thanx doc i'm sure u'll do amazing job. (GUYS THE WORKSHOP IS VERY GOOD IF YOU NEED ANYTHING THEY WILL DO IT)

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

jeep wrote:

Good luck ..

yah man 100 % right , i tried but i just couldn't live with them like that , so i changed the tyres to 33" and today at 5:00 pm my car will be out with the 3" lift kit. thanx doc i'm sure u'll do amazing job. (GUYS THE WORKSHOP IS VERY GOOD IF YOU NEED ANYTHING THEY WILL DO IT)
Also the 31" tyres i dont mind to use them for u with the 4" flares
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

Bulldozer wrote:
jeep wrote:

Good luck ..

Also the 31" tyres i dont mind to use them for u with the 4" flares
man your tyres are good , my 31" tyres are gone you can only slide with them so i didn't even bother to take them. and the rims basha iguana needs one of them so i don't see any use for the other 3 rims , now about the fender flares don't forget that i have also a 2006 wrangler and my brother has a 2001 wrangler so he took them and he is also taking the 2.5 old man emu lift kit :D

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Congrats jeep.

Iguana can I take all the four rims and you dont take the one you require. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee,, I checked out the whole of Sharjah and couldnt find even one good looking rimss,, and Ive seen the one Jeep has and they are very nice...

I have the original Alloy from TE, I can give you all 4 if you need.. Please grant me my wishhhh ::)))

Regardsss

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi guys,

how much ( flus ) i have to estimate for changing the ratio for front and back ? I also drive the 31" and think about to go to 32" soon. I will see if i have enough acceleration with the stroker only than or if i change the ratio as well for a much more brutal acceleration.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

desertfalc0n wrote:Congrats jeep.

Iguana can I take all the four rims and you dont take the one you require. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee,, I checked out the whole of Sharjah and couldnt find even one good looking rimss,, and Ive seen the one Jeep has and they are very nice...

I have the original Alloy from TE, I can give you all 4 if you need.. Please grant me my wishhhh ::)))

Regardsss
desertfalcon , the thing is that iguana is having the same rims that i have so he wants one as a spare tyre.

berto
Advanced
Advanced

I don't underestsnd...

Post by berto »

Eh, my friend Samy. By me isn't posible underestang all every people, included you, is speaking in this forum. One simple cuestion : Wich are you thinking I need change i my moster Predator?.

I think now I am this cuadracycle... :driving:
:evil: :twisted: :idea:

berto
Advanced
Advanced

Rectification...

Post by berto »

I'm sorry... I wont spoke MONSTER PREDATOR... :hit: