next month upgrades for wrangler 05...

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
kerMitt

next month upgrades for wrangler 05...

Post by kerMitt »

hii guys this is wht iam thinking of installing by next month if u guys think its uneccary plz let me no..

AIRAID® Throttle Body Spacer --- i dnt no wht it deos but i heard its good.

Engine Oil Cooler --- cooling the engine oil which i think will keep the engine in better shape :)

AND do i need to install ring AND pinion on 31 tyres?

AND if i wana have a 2inch life do i need to install racho 9000 or 5000. coz i already hav the 5000.

jeep please a little help from what i can hear and see ur the expert in jeeps 8)

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: next month upgrades for wrangler 05...

Post by khaiwi »

dj112 wrote:hii guys this is wht iam thinking of installing by next month if u guys think its uneccary plz let me no..

AIRAID® Throttle Body Spacer --- i dnt no wht it deos but i heard its good.

Engine Oil Cooler --- cooling the engine oil which i think will keep the engine in better shape :)

AND do i need to install ring AND pinion on 31 tyres?

AND if i wana have a 2inch life do i need to install racho 9000 or 5000. coz i already hav the 5000.

jeep please a little help from what i can hear and see ur the expert in jeeps 8)
The TBS Airaid, Helix or other brands are supposed to give you more torque at 2-3k rpm --------- Easy to fix, low cost and worth having.

Engine temp is controlled by the cooling system and is optimised by the water circulation valve/pump/radiator etc... therefore in my humble opinion unless your engine is overheating keep it as it is. If it overheats, then look at the root cause of the problem and dont find workaround solutions.

If ur satisfied with the 31" tires, then dont touch the R&P gear ratio.

It does not matter if u wanna stay with the 2" lift or if u decide to go higher, the Rancho 5000 and RS9000x are available for stock height, 2", 3-4", etc... these are two different models from Rancho. In short the 9000 are 9 position adjustable shocks while the 5000 are non-adjustable.

Hope I have answered ur questions...... Other Jeep experts to comment too.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

agree with khaiwi all the way :idea:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

yah what khaiwi is saying is 100 % right.

the throttle body spacer is a good idea to complete the air intake system you got.

the engine oil cooler would be a good solution if you want to keep your car cool when driving in summer , but in case you don't have a problem then no need for it.

the ring a pinion you will need to replace it if only you will change the tyres to 32 or more, if 32 then you can use the ratio of 4.11 , but if 33 then you have to change to 4.56 , and if 35 then 4.88 would be a good one. however we can safely say that 4.56 would work fine with the 32 +

the lift kit , hmmm i would recomend the old man emu from ARB, it would give you 2.5 " and about the shocks as khaiwi said its up to you which one you want to use. for me i like the old man emu.

hmmm another good thing that you can do is to use the borla cat-back , you can get it from the agency.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

My dear Amin, sorry to say, but Khaiwi is the expert in Jeep Modifications not Jeep (Sorry Jeep, but we have to respect the Master :behold: ). Ofcourse all of us support Khaiwi's opinion.

As for shocks and springs, I also recommend OME if you are only looking for 2-2.5" lift which is enough to have 32" tires (Thats the set up I have in my car) But you also have to know that 32" tires are not available in all brands and you will be stuck with Micky Thompson of BFG
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi :D

If you dont want to loose your warenty .... i think you should check with the jeep dealer first.

Good luck,

Regards,

kerMitt

Post by kerMitt »

first i wud like to thnk all of u guys for answering my Q...

i already hav the rancho 5000 installed and about the throtlle body inshalah by next month it will be on...

and i already hav the catback installed thnx jeep.

wildfire my warrenty finished 5days ago
so now i cud do wht ever i wnt in the car :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Live Your Life My Dear . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

Since you got the experts opinion & every other ideas will surplus. Anyway, personally, I got the expert opinion couple of months ago with my 2006 jeep & I am saying thanks to him & them : my dear : the warranty things is useless in this part of the world (my opinion of course), however , fun is the thing which is counted at the end of the day, so its nice when you do something different than others, go for the 3" lift kit with 33" tires / 4.56 R&P and the rest of the associated works & you will definetly feel the difference, but dont go for the headers: since Dubai police are running behind Mr. Jeep these days.......And as for the cooling, there was nice thread a month ago which was really helpful & exciting as well.

All the Best with you Piece of Metal . . . !
Smile Is the Silent Voice Of Your Heart !

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

a little bit of advertising

Post by Doc »

I agree, now bring your car and all your goodies to my workshop and I’ll fit them all for a really good price but more importantly I’ll fit them properley..BOSCH Service Center Mussafah or SZ road Dubai.

Give me a call on 050 6526707.

By the way now you’re out of warranty I can do all your servicing.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Boss...Doc

Post by FearUAE »

This offer for all members or only special people.......!

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

special people, and as a member of the best 4x4 club in the gulf that makes you a special person so anything you need the workshops all yours anytime.

this offer is also extended to your families cars / 4x4 as well....we service all makes of cars.

Doc :D :D :D :D :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Thx doc For your nice offer, You're the man :party:

In my humble opinion, And as a user of the OME lift kit, I think they are a bit soft for an agressive off roader, they are more than perfect and really heavy duty, they also take the abuze BUT they are still soft
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

iguana wrote:My dear Amin, sorry to say, but Khaiwi is the expert in Jeep Modifications not Jeep (Sorry Jeep, but we have to respect the Master :behold: ). Ofcourse all of us support Khaiwi's opinion
yes as iguana said , khaiwi is the master expert we all learn from him , and we ask him about all the parts and mods that we do.

WildFire

Re: Live Your Life My Dear . . . . !

Post by WildFire »

FearUAE wrote: however , fun is the thing which is counted at the end of the day, so its nice when you do something different than others

I Like the way you think Fear UAE.
8)

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Live Your Life My Dear . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

WildFire wrote:
FearUAE wrote: however , fun is the thing which is counted at the end of the day, so its nice when you do something different than others

I Like the way you think Fear UAE.
8)
My dear, i like youe likeness to the way of my thinking "" even though i face a lot of problem with this attitude"" , but as it says: life is simple & worth the SMILE, so why not: be happy and smile & inshallah happiness will guide you to more smiling . . .. . ..keep it up brother. . . . !