next month upgrades for wrangler 05...

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

hemm, well my friend i have a wrangler with the OME lift kit and 31"tyres thats all the mods my car has, i've done them like a month ago ... i love how the car performs off road, mashalla it goes everywhere ...

the lift kit is just fine, yes its a little soft when driving the car hard but nevertheless its very good ...

so you have two options as i see them, the 2.5 OME or the 3" Teraflex with rancho 9000 shocks (these "9000" are they only ones avilable as far asi know for this kit in the local market) so if you go with the 2.5" you can go with either 31" or 32" tyres ,,, and if you go with the 3" you can go up to 33" ... so its up to you, the 31" needs no regearing your stock gears are 3.73 ... mine are 3.55 but they are still good when offroading, so you should be more than okay with the 31" and your current gear ratio.

am satisfied with my setup, and i go offroading every weekend, the reason i went with this setup is that its very simple and i didnt have to go with the complications of a 3" setup plus am willing to get the new wrangler in a couple of years inshalla so i didnt want to waste my money on my current car.

so heres a summary, if you want the more advanced setup this is it:

** 3" Teraflex lift kit with Rancho Shocks 9000
** Front and Rear track bars
33" Tyres with 15*8 wheels (you'll need the rear tyre carrier for this size of tyre)
** 4.56 R/P (you'll have to change the rear diff carrier, or install a rear locker in place of the carrier (but the 4.56 R/P usually comes with the rear carrier when you get them from here)

these are the essential things

you can also add a slip yoke eliminator kit "SYE" and CV drive shaft ... you go with this option if you dont want to lower the transfer case, its an expensive option but very much worth it as i heard.

the other option is the OME 2.5" lift kit and 31" tyres

i think i went into alot of details here :? but anyways dont let it confuse you. ask what ever you like and the members will be more that glad to help. (like they did with me :D)

yeah one more thing ,,, if your goin to buy your parts from the local market then i'd suggest ARB in Abu Dhabi, they dont have all the parts i mentioned but they alot of offroad parts and gear with the best prices in the market. the OME lift kit costs around Dh 2700 with all the parts you need including the steering staiblizer.

Good luck man

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

abdalla, I am very glad to read your answer. It means that AD4x4 manage to give you a good experience and now you are a lift kit expert.

abdalla gave you all the answers. But you have to know, going to bigger tires, you will loose speed which I know that you love
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

abdalla, I am very glad to read your answer. It means that AD4x4 manage to give you a good experience and now you are a lift kit expert.
7emdelah, couldnt of done it without you guys, great Club :)
But you have to know, going to bigger tires, you will loose speed which I know that you love
yeah the car becomes slow :evil: very annoying sometimes, but look at the bright side it becomes very hard to get a radar lol

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

ARB

Post by Doc »

if anybody ever needs some expensive stuff (1,000+) from ARB then i get trade discount from there, it's not a huge discount but every little helps, just give me a call when your going there (if between 8am and 5pm that is not a 10pm at night!) and i will meet you there and arrange the extra discount. if you push hard enough they will discount anyway.

regards
Doc

050 6526707
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.