Jeep Wrangler Bolt On, Stroker, Turbo & Supercharger

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Khaiwi chief, 101% agree with you boss.. Whenever you go to watch them form the side call me, I am on one of the by standers myself... Maybe in 2018 ill go with this engine in my wrangler, that too when my engine completely gives upp...

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi,

Dear DinoStroker,

Do you suggest that the low compression pistons are not needed when using only 6psi of boost?

off cource i do trust your experience but, i have some questions :

After instaling the stroker kit , upgrading the cam shaft ,roker arms ,valve springs and the bording and polishing job.... what about upgrading the clutch as well and using heavy duty clutch? i mean is it a most as many of my friend said?

After installing the stroker kit ... if i am planing to install any type of forced induction...... what are the extra requirement?.... i mean do i have to change any thing that was installed along with stroker kit?

regards,

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

If you look at my stroker build-up, you'll see that I used the Sealed Power 677P pistons and the CR came in at 9.2:1. That's low enough to support a 6psi supercharger without intercooling.
I'm using the stock clutch and I haven't had any problem, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade to a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch if you're going to supercharge a stroker. You would also need to upgrade the fuel pump to a higher flowing unit or add the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump. Then you'd need a Vortech Fuel Management Unit (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) to add more fuel from your existing injectors in proportion to boost. You'll also need to change your stock MAP sensor for a GM 2-bar MAP sensor so it'll read boost. Finally, get a Unichip and have it custom programmed on a dyno (try MOCA Performance in Dubai). I have their phone number if you're interested.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Thanks alot

I've decaided to do the upgrades in Nov'2007
Therefore , iam looking for as many openions as possible and I do appreciate yours alot.

Thanks again,