Front brakes sometimes locked

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
arno

Front brakes sometimes locked

Post by arno »

Hello and congratulations for this useful forum!
I am the owner of a white 99 YJ 4.0, not modified at all. At the beginning I bought it for my wife but finally kept it for me! I am really enjoying this car off-road and "on-road".
The only problem that I am currently facing is that the front brakes are sometimes locked; I can still drive but I really feel that the car is braking. The pedal in this situation is very hard. Discs and pads are in good condition.
One guy in Mussafah told me that I might need to change the "booster" but he was not really sure.
So I have a few questions:
1. did it happen to any of you before? what was the solution?
2. this booster costs around 1000 DHS (new), will it be available somewhere as used spare parts?
3. do you know a guy that I can really trust in Abu Dhabi to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help!
Wrangler 1993 4.0L White, Pajero 2005 SWB 3.0

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hi Arno, when it comes to important part like brakes, I do not recommend that you buy it used. Because everything has a life and when you buy it used it will break after some time.

The only 2 things that might cause this problem (From what I know) i sthe booster or the pipe. You can call me on 050 6224377 and I will take you to one trusted guy here in Abu Dhabi.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Habib mainly this caused by the calibers they need to replace the seals due to very old and sticky thats when u release the pedal it doesnt move back, at the same time the brake fluid also complete drain and refill in this extreme weather it loose its specs
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Habib mainly this caused by the calibers they need to replace the seals due to very old and sticky thats when u release the pedal it doesnt move back, at the same time the brake fluid also complete drain and refill in this extreme weather it loose its specs
Thanks Bulldozer, i was goin to say the same :roll: but it might also be something else like the booster.

i cant really help on where to get it done as am not from AD, you should call iguana.

good luck arno

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

The Boostr will make it weak braking and stiff & hard pedal when step on it the only possible cause is jammed cylinder(s) in the calibers or master cylinder internal sring damage, u can check with Alyasi 7performance on mobile # 050 6993379 hisham or walid 050 7527606
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

arno

Post by arno »

Thanks for your replies; car is currently under repair (thanks to Iguana who brought me there yesterday), will give you an update of that case. One more information; master cylinder is new.
Wrangler 1993 4.0L White, Pajero 2005 SWB 3.0