Grand Cherokee (The Crocodile)

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Spark

Post by Spark »

After a route cause analysis to the modifications.. it starts by having unpleasent incidents/accidents while offroading.. mmmmm.. well .. my Bulldog never failed me regarding this.. and I hope this Crocodile does the same as well.. :)

As far as I can avoide accidents, have fun and don't feel coughed for some challanges, I think I'll stick to my above comment.

Also you reminded me about the bumper.. I looked into metal bumpers as well.. but first of all .. they are HEAVY as you said you tried them.. second, some of the ideas came to my mind is to reduce weight by removing the car seats.. but of course I'm not doing that :).. thus, if I can't reduce weight, then at least I'll try not to add.

Maybe.. altimately.. I'll go for a wrangler.. :D... let's see what this gives me

Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

Spark wrote: Conclusion: I'll change the tires because they are already worn out to a brand like Michline, Bridgestone or Pirilli.. Same original size.. Good looking pattern ;) but smooth ones and good performing on desert.

Conclusion: I'm not doing any thing on the engine

Hiso.. I hope I didn't disappoint you.. but wait.. I'll find something to spend your money on with me :p
Congratulations Spark for reaching this point, it's the same conclusion I have reached two month ago; therefore, I changed only the tires. The original one are 225/70/16 but after investigation I went for 245/70/16 Michelin’s Tires as this is the maximum you can go for without lifting. The car performance improved accordingly and I’m satisfied with my toy but defiantly it doesn’t compete with a light car like Wrangler.
Grand Cherokee 96 with no modification .............. yet :twisted: :twisted:
HAISSAM 050- 611 4 223

Spark

Post by Spark »

I think I've seen my tires/tyres :D 235 and not 225.. not sure though .. I need to check them

will give you some brilliant ideas for your car truck.. custom made stuff.. let me try them on mine and if it goes great will involve you.. if I keep silent then it failed :D :D

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Spark wrote:After a route cause analysis to the modifications.. it starts by having unpleasent incidents/accidents while offroading.. mmmmm.. well .. my Bulldog never failed me regarding this.. and I hope this Crocodile does the same as well.. :)

As far as I can avoide accidents, have fun and don't feel coughed for some challanges, I think I'll stick to my above comment.

Also you reminded me about the bumper.. I looked into metal bumpers as well.. but first of all .. they are HEAVY as you said you tried them.. second, some of the ideas came to my mind is to reduce weight by removing the car seats.. but of course I'm not doing that :).. thus, if I can't reduce weight, then at least I'll try not to add.

Maybe.. altimately.. I'll go for a wrangler.. :D... let's see what this gives me
U can find lighter weight Driver and save some more weight hehehheeeehhe :lol:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Spark

Re: Grand Cherokee (The Crocodile)

Post by Spark »

Hiso,

Well.. I've invented a camping room in my Crocodile that you may need to do the same.. no need for tents any more but it take one person only ;)

I tried to fold the back seats and sleep in the truck but my feet were flying in the air and I had to keep the rear door open. Thus, I've crated an extension for the truck and covered the whole open area with a temporary solution (10AED blankets and safety pins) cause I didn't have time to do it with a proper fabric.. but it turned out to be a 100% success and I have to say.. this is the first time I really sleep comfortably in a warm place.

Send me your e-mail to send you the pics.. I have them on my computer.. didn't know how to attach them.

Hiso wrote:
Chuck wrote:here some ZJ picures from the american Jeep Forum ( in english ) :D

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247028
Thanks Chuck for this great thread with many posted pictures and different modes ideas/ options. :lol: :lol:

Hi Spark, I'm glad to have another GC - ZJ in our club as I use to feel lonely :crying: in most of the trips although we have another 2-3 Grand but not frequent off-roaders.

I’m driving ZJ model 96 (I’m not sure if it is 5.2 or 5.9 L) :oops: with no modifications other than 245/70/16 Michelin’s Tires :oops: :oops: . The car performance is satisfactory but defiantly with limitations.

So if you are willing to go for modifications in view of Chuck’s thread we can work on it together and share experience. Hope 2 C U soon on sand.