body lift

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
surfer
Advanced
Advanced

body lift

Post by surfer »

Can anyone tell me when a body lift is required ? Or is it a cheaper way to lift the car?
The jeeper is back.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

It is a cheaper way to get a car lift.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

If you want to convert to a mini monster truck, i.e. massive size tires then you would use a body lift and suspension lift + many many many more mods, in general the body lift is cheaper but normally done in association with a suspension lift not as an option to it..

One advantage the body lift has over a suspension lift is that the angle of the drive shafts from the transfer case is not affected and therefore puts less stress on the transmission, axles and transfer box.

The disadvantage is you do not improve the ground clearance (car just looks higher) and articulation of suspension is not increased.

Hope this helps and makes a little sense!!
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

In addition to that, it raises the Center of Gravity (COG) of ur vehicle.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

and increasing COG is not a good thing! unless you like the feeling of being up side down.... :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

GrayHacker

Post by GrayHacker »

I used to have them in my wrangler and they sucks, without them the suspension will move better, more comfortable while driving and will avoid you hurting your back.