Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

snatch straps

Post by Mac »

home | pay | register | sign in | site map
Advanced Search

will the following snatch strap suffice, the seller in UK has 5 available equivalent price in dirhams is 140dhs, i am going back to uk next week if anyone wants one, let me know. mal......... just scroll down to see description

Back to list of items Listed in category: Cars, Parts & Vehicles > Garage Equipment & Tools > Recovery Tools

KINETIC Tow Snatch Recovery Strap 10mtr 4x4 Landrover Item number: 200060491430

Buyer or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend

View larger picture

price: £19.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postage costs: £7.00
Parcelforce 24
Service to United Kingdom
Post to: United Kingdom
Item location: Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Quantity: 5 available
History: Purchases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Watch this item
Email to a friend | Sell one like this

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Payment methods: PayPal (preferred),
Personal cheque,
Postal Order or Banker's Draft,
Credit card
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: slings1( 2106)
Member: since 16-Apr-03 in United Kingdom
Registered as a business seller
Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favourite Sellers
View seller's other items: Shop | List
Visit seller's Shop:
Damar Webbing Products Ltd

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 2106 | 100% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Learn how you are protected
PayPal Buyer Protection
Free Coverage now up to £500. See eligibility.

Description Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Damar Webbing Products Ltd

Visit my eBay Shop:Damar Webbing Products Ltd

4x4 Equipment | Recovery Equipment | Lifting Slings Duplex Webbing | Ratchets 5000kgs (5TON) | About Me

Add to Favourite Stores | Sign up for Shop newsletter

Brand New

Compete With Instructions

Kinetic towing strap.

Width: 2" (50mm)

Length: 10mtr

Breakstrain: 8 Ton

Postage is 24 hour delivery Monday - Friday for UK only .

How Snatch Ropes Work

The combined weight of both vehicles, the vehicle motion and the elasticity of the snatch rope combined can be used to multiply the potential energy, which is converted to kinetic energy when the recovery process takes place. When the recovery vehicle accelerates, the slack is taken up, the rope stretches, and the energy produced snatches the bogged vehicle out, thus multiplying substantially the amount of available energy that is used to recover the bogged vehicle.

The Snatch Recovery Procedure

Move the recovery vehicle in front or behind the stuck vehicle (take a look first to see which is optimal). The distance between the two must be about half the length of the snatch rope. Ideally, a third person should be used to marshall the entire procedure.

Attach the snatch rope securely to recovery points on both vehicles, using shackles. Open the stuck vehicle's bonnet, and lay a blanket or coat over the snatch rope to dampen the whip should the snatch rope snap.

Both drivers now get into and start their vehicles. Passengers are asked to step out of the vehicle and join the bystanders. Bystanders are warned of the dangers of vehicle recovery, and asked to stand well back. The driver of the bogged vehicle will engage gear and assist the recovery vehicle by attempting to drive in the direction being pulled.

The recovery vehicle then GENTLY accelerates, until the jerk on the strap is felt. Let the snatch rope bring you to a stop. The nylon webbing of the snatch rope will stretch up to 20% and then recoil to its original length.

When the snatch rope has recoiled, the bogged vehicle should have inched forward a bit. You will be amazed at just how little momentum is required. Remember to keep some tension on the strap to avoid abrasion from the road surface. Gently repeat this process until the bogged vehicle is freed.

Please check my ebay shop for other 4X4 Tow straps.

We are one of the leading manufacturers in webbing products and recovery equipment in the U.K with over 30 years experience in the trade and supplying some of the biggest 4x4 companys in the world.

I can guarantee that all our tow straps and webbing products are top quality unlike some others on ebay that are made in china.

Buy with confidence and check my 100% positive feedback.

Damar Webbing Products Ltd Tel: 01246 269969

Learn about eBay counters

Postage, payment details and return policy
Dispatches to
United Kingdom

Postage and packaging Each Additional Item To Service
£7.00 Free United Kingdom Parcelforce 24
1 to 2 working days*

Postage and packaging Each Additional Item To Service
£7.00 Free United Kingdom Parcelforce 24
1 to 2 working days*

*Sellers are not responsible for delivery time. This information is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and bank holidays. Note that delivery times may vary, particularly during peak periods.

Postal insurance
Not offered

Payment methods accepted
This seller, slings1, prefers PayPal.

Personal cheque

Postal Order or Banker's Draft

Credit card
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to buy? help

KINETIC Tow Snatch Recovery Strap 10mtr 4x4 Landrover
price: £19.99
Your Quantity: x

You will confirm in the next step.

Purchase this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

What else can you do?
Back to list of items | Ask seller a question | Printer Version

About eBay | Announcements | Register | Safety Centre | Policies | Feedback Forum | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

eBay official time

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Robbie's Garage in Dubai has them.
Last i checked he had some nice 10 metre ones i think , in nice bags too , in stock and ready to go.

Max Air compressors for dhs 495, jeep soft tops , lights , custom bashplates , skid plates & ofcourse those kinetic ropes you're looking for.

if u buy 5 of those ropes in the UK , you're gonna be carrying a heavy load.
i picked up my rope , at the time the guy was bringing out about 15 other ropes as well.they had to bring them on a forklift coz they're fuggin heavy!

i think he has 10 & 15 metre ones.
10 is sufficient for normal desert trips.

dont mean to preach abt his garage the whole time , but i'm jst genuinely impressed by their work.
my jeep's going there as soon as i get back...guess who broke smthg again.. :oops:

here's the info.
Robbie's Garage is at : N25° 8'14.56 E55°13'14.91
Robbie : 050 - 446 1781

Shkh Zayed road , interchange 3B , where Mercedes is , behind Mercedes is the Jeep Service & Parts , Honda , straight on is a sign with Truck&Bus Wash in yellow, then there's a little gate , go inside that and it'll be the first warehouse on the right.
This should help.

if u need more directions or info lemme know.

-Kris

Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Christopher »

i second kris on that...

robbie's garage is really up to par.. :)

anyone who needs help in going there can call me ..0504439723.. i work somewhere nearby, i can even accompany you in going there when its possible...

jeepuae
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jeepuae »

Hi,
I totally agree with Kris and Christopher about robbie's garage . There is a lot of shops selling parts, but what makes robbie's garage different is Robbie himself. He is very co-operative and informative, not like others pushing toyou buy any crap thing just to make a sale. I recommend him and sure I will take my car again to his garage for any modifications.
8)