Shock Absorber Upgrade

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Shock Absorber Upgrade

Post by khaiwi »

Long trips and high temparature affects the performance of shock absorbers as they heat up and become very soft. Rally drivers and hardcore offroaders use the heavy duty shocks with external reservoir as a cooling mechanism.

I will not write a long artilce about this technology, as writing is not my best friend LOL. Interested readers can find lots of information on the net.

The question is that, I have searched the net/local market and found ProComp shocks are reasonably affordable, and would like to hear from you guys about this model of shocks if by any chance seen it and had good or bad reviews about it.

MX2.0R Monotube Reservoir Shock

Features:

Superior control in demanding conditions, keeps the tires on the ground and the chassis stable.
Great looking and durable 6 braided stainless steel line
Rolled closed end, not welded, for superior strength
1/2 inch diameter Nitro Steel piston rod for excellent off-road durability
Available for multi-shock applications and specific lifted trucks to fit OE shock mounts
Zinc plated finish with Clear Coat for long life
Adjust automatically for ANY conditons to ensure maximum comfort and great handling

I know that OldMan EMU LTR are much better, more expensive, but the local vendor (ARB) does not stock them neither have them on the catalog for Jeeps....... :roll: :roll: :oops: