Centreforce Clutch- Wrangler

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Centreforce Clutch- Wrangler

Post by 4x4er »

Hey guys,

After the clutch burnout on Joey's Jeep post-camping trip, and the major smoking from mine, we were adviced by Iguana and Khaiwi to go for Centreforce so that we can continue recovering recovery trucks! :D

I went to Golden Cars in Sharjah yesterday, and they didnt have it in stock but got it in the evening. They were not sure if it was suitable for post-2004 Wranglers, which have the 6-speed manual trannys. Anyway, the part should reach TrdEnt DXB sometime soon, and they will then see if it fits. Khaiwi had said that since this is mated to the engine and not the gear-box, and since the engine has remained the same until 2006, there should be no problem.

Will know soon from TrdEnt whether it is ok. TrdEnt AUH bluntly said they will not install parts that they do not sell! Al Jallaf is, of course, more accomodating..

Will keep you all updated as to whether this has worked.

Specs: Centreforce heavy-duty Clutch Assembly for Jeep Wrangler
Price: AED 1450
Where: Golden Cars Motors, Opposite BMW Showroom, Sharjah Industrial Area, near Gargash.
Tel: 06-544 0890
Speak to Faizal

defender
Advanced
Advanced

Post by defender »

can i fit this type of clutch to jeep cherokee 1997 manual??

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Hope it works out for you man ...

which clutch did you get was it the Centerforce I, II, or was it the dual friction ?

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Anit, I got the same centerforce dual friction from Golden Car in Sharjah last month, I paid only AED 1,350/-
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Abdalla, I have absolutely no idea! Haven't even seen the thing.. Just paid him the money, and he delivered it to TrdEnt DXB.

Now the Jeep is "in the queue" and no idea when it will be done.. They don't even have the time to look at the box and see if its suitable!! :?

Iguana, yeah, he said it would have been cheaper, but he didn't have it in stock and so got it from another place. Of course, for the phone call and his effort, 100 bucks! :evil:

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

4x4er how much they are charging you for the installation , man if u will install it now remember that you have to drive slowly for some time otherwise the clutch will get damaged.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

abdalla wrote:Hope it works out for you man ...

which clutch did you get was it the Centerforce I, II, or was it the dual friction ?
Abdalla, normally it is dual friction for Wranglers
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

ahha so its a dual friction 4x4er .. Thanks iguana

why do you have to take the care to the dealer to get this done, am sure there are many good places especially in dubai to get it done with out waiting (icon auto is a good karage)

or maybe your car is still under warranty, so you have to get it done at the dealer ...

anyways Good Luck man with the new clutch :D