Post by jeep »

megamoe u don't mean borla by that :evil:

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

jeep wrote:megamoe u don't mean borla by that :evil:
:makingfun:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

by the way trading interprices when i wanted to buy the kit they told me that borla is the best hehehe i think they should know 8)

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

lol Okay Guys

So your telling me that the newer models already have the headers, is that Borla hearders or Banks ?

Well if they new models come with the headers from the dealer why would the police stop me, as far as they are conserned my car would make the same sound as your cars, right ? maybe some difference due to being from different brands but they all have header. Anyways i'll see wht to do abt this :idea:

So i`ll get them from Quadratec ? i dont think i`ll get a better price here ?!!

Theres a $250 difference in price between both brands, so is Borla worth this ? i used to find a combo for this kit, but the link doesnt work now :evil: i`ll have to get them seperatly.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

man here is the item number it is the borla combo deal for wrangler 97.

Borla is the best buy it with closed eyes (better keep ur eyes open for police cars) :wink:

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

will do man :x

Thanks alot jeep :D

i`ll finalize my order and get it ready by tomorrow inshalla :)

Thanks Guys :)

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

jeep wrote:man here is the item number it is the borla combo deal for wrangler 97.

Borla is the best buy it with closed eyes (better keep ur eyes open for police cars) :wink:
When i had my 99 wrangler, i had the borla cat back and headers, i used to renew it every year with no problems (Dubai reg, if you have shj reg, then forget about it).
The jeeper is back.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

my 99 wrangler is sharjah , and my 06 wrangler is dubai , however the modified one is the one registered in sharjah. yala inshallah it will pass now they r using the same company as in dubai "tasjeel".

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

I have AD registeration, but i think it will pass the inspection but anyways the registeration is already expired so i`ll renew inshalla before i install the headers :D

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Now with the new laws in AD and Dubai even mud tires does not pass. So take care guys.

I heard that they even stop modified cars in Dubai now on the streets and fine them.

The newer models does not have a borla headers, It has a bigger headers than the older models, so changing the headers on the newer models will have minimum effect on the performance and does not worth the money
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Helloo guys ... this thread has been down for a while, well maybe becasue am waiting for group order 5 ... anyways until khaiwi sorts out things with order 4 (Thanks khaiwi) i think i`ll ask some more questions (it really is a bug lol i cant stop thinking abt it)

Sooo ... am planning the R/P for the 2nd stage, but i want to get somethings streight ..

So you guys told me that i`d have to change the rear carrier in order for the R/P to fit and i have to get a rear locker atleast, so the Q is, is this the only way to get the R/P to fit i mean i dont think that want to get the lockers ... So any other way out of this ??

and another Q please, i know i`ve asked this Q before, whats wrong with the 15*10 wheels ? are they really not good ?

Thanks Guys

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

The rear carrier should be changed to fit the bigger R&P, the option is yours to replace it with selectable locker, LSD or open diff. The labor cost is absolutely the same, you are doing diff overhauling. That's why we take advantage of paying the labor once and have both R&P and the lockers installed.

As for the rims, the 10" wide may look better, attract traffic police but mainly not recommended as the possibility of having tire pop up is much higher than an 8" rim. Unless you get a true beed-lock which is also nor really required for the desert.

I hope I answered your questions.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Thanks khaiwi

So hows your OX locker going ?

what do you think of the detroit locker ?

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

PLeasure dude,

My lockers really rock, you can ask the guys who were in Sweihan today when I was tryin the lockers on the tips of the dunes, a demo, show off or some adrenalin pumping......

Detroit Lockers are definitly one of the most and to some people are the best ever. In fact Detroit and ARB are among the best lockers and been in this business for long time.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I am with the opinion of installing the lockers if you openthe diff. already. Make it once and for all.

Khawi made a great show today with his lockers. Anyway, without lockers you always do a great show (Mashallah). I had lockers and R&P 3-4 months before Khaiwi had, but I think I need more than 6 years of training to do what he was doing today :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I got the ARB. first had some problems with the compressor, cut one pipe. But now they are great. with OX lockers, you wouldn't have those problems and by now I think Khaiwi got the experience in the right way to install it.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com