Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

khalas inshallah when i become shaikh jeep i'll buy them :D

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

alright guys ... Thanks alot for the advice :) your the best ..

am thinking of getting everything all at once ..
am doing my calculations its goin to cost a fortune lol then i`ll do some economics and i'll tell you the results.

everyone knows your secret khaiwi now 8)
you better put some locks on those shocks :!: :!:

and she5 jeep is right, am sure he's planning to get them b4 anyone else does :lol:

Thanks Guys :)

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Salam 3alykm :)

well guys i've come up with my final setup, and i needs your comments, if theres anything wrong or anything that i have to order .. etc ..

Lift kit:
i'll go inshalla with:
- Teraflex 3" and Rancho RS9000X shocks
- Front and rear adjustable track bars
- Rear shock mount relocation brackets

Driveline:
- Alloy USA Front and rear 4.56 R/P
- F/R R/P overhual kit
- Rugged Ridge Extended Rear CV Driveshaft
- Rugged Ridge Diriveshaft Angle Reduction Kit for NP231 Transfer Case
- ARB rear diff locker, i`ll get this from ARB in AD, the rest from Quadratec

these are the main things ,,, what do you think guys ?

regarding the tyres, i`ll go with 32" on 15*8 wheels ... i dont like the looks of the 33" plus am goin to need the tyre carrier for the 33" ... so i'll leave it now, maybe some time later ...

Thanks alot guys :)

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

everything seems soo perfect mashalla u'll have a monster. but i have 1 concern. with any tyre larger than 31" u'll still need the tyre carrier or by the 2nd trip offroading u'lll have to carry the tailgate with u.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

If you drive long distance with your Jeep and you stick to the 32", you may want to consider the 4.11R&P rather than the 4.56

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

With 3" lift and 32" tires your car will look ugly. either change to 33" tires or 2.5" lift.

you got a perfect setup.

Khaiwi, I am having 32" tires and 4.56 R&P, No issues. Of course I get a higher noise from the Diff, High RPM and more fuel consumption but all of us knows, this is normal even with a stock Wrangler.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Hemm ,, thanks guys

lol so megamoe i'll be carrying my tailgate home with me...
Okay ... i`ll get a tyre carrier then and i`ll go with the 33" tyres to solve all the issues ... the tailgate thing, R/P and the looKs :wink:

but will i need to change the fenders ? megamoe's jeep was with the stock fenders until recently .. mabroOOk again megamoe ,, Pics :roll:

megamoe ,, you have the kumho mud tyres right ? they look cool 8)

hows they ride on and offroad ? are they noisy ? and how much do they cost ?

Thanks Guys ... i really appreciate it :)

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote: Khaiwi, I am having 32" tires and 4.56 R&P, No issues. Of course I get a higher noise from the Diff, High RPM and more fuel consumption but all of us knows, this is normal even with a stock Wrangler.
I still cant understand why should you have noise from the diff if you upgrade the R&P? I dont have any noise before or after the upgrade alhamdulillah.

4.56 and 32" will give very high torque and low milage per gallon, well its not that big difference but you can feel some difference between the 32 and 33" tires.

Keep in mind the extra weight of the bigger tires and the additional effort/cost of balancing them.

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

It may be worth having a chat with Chris at Icon Auto in Dubai (www.icon-auto.com) he carries most of the quadratec catalouge and even though you pay a little more, no shipping and customs and delays makes things cheaper I have found. Plus there is a lot of experience in mods at Icon, think they have done most of the jeeps in Dubai and can give you advice on your choices regardless.

HTH. Also Icon can fabricate a lot of parts, bumpers etc that look similar and work at least as well and are cheaper, carriers, bumpers etc etc. (plus you can get a coffee in the show room!!!)
2004 Wrangler, light bar, 2 inch lift 31 x 10 1/2 BFG, upside down nerfs, twin fuel tanks, FIPK with K&N hi flow, Borla exhaust, lots of bodge kit etc etc

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Maybe because all the things I have in my car is making noise :lol: :lol: Tires, Exhaust and as my car is old, all the seals have gone so it's so noisy. Next time when we meet, try my car maybe I am wrong and that's a normal Wrangler noise. You are the expert cheif
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Tarkers wrote:It may be worth having a chat with Chris at Icon Auto in Dubai (www.icon-auto.com) he carries most of the quadratec catalouge and even though you pay a little more, no shipping and customs and delays makes things cheaper I have found. Plus there is a lot of experience in mods at Icon, think they have done most of the jeeps in Dubai and can give you advice on your choices regardless.

HTH. Also Icon can fabricate a lot of parts, bumpers etc that look similar and work at least as well and are cheaper, carriers, bumpers etc etc. (plus you can get a coffee in the show room!!!)
u jst bought a silver wrangler didnt u?
congrats..nice car.

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

not silver Kris but sort of a gold colour, if you know a guy called Zippy then his car, he has just gone back to the UK and reluctantly parted with his pride and joy...

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

khaiwi,

yeah i was thinking abt these things ... but everyone here adviced me to go with this setup ... i my self didnt want to go this extreme, but your the experts and i as i said when i first met you that i wanted to do this once and for all, which also was the advice i got from the guys here ... so if this is the optimum setting then thats it inshalla

Umm abt the weight .. you mean the axles and U joints and things that are related to them right ? if so then their time will come i guess and have to be changed .. if your talking abt engine upgrades i also will order some parts for the engine :wink:

Trakers,

Thanks for the advice man :) and congrats on the car :D

i know icon-auto but the parts there are waaaay to expensive and they dont have all the parts i need, abt them being experts yeah am sure abt it, thats way am goin to get my parts installed there ... unless i can find someother place closer to where i live ,, i'll talk abt this with you guys later when its time for it. Thanks again man :wink:

Thanks You all :D

meagamoe :roll:

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Salam 3alykm

well guys i've been doing some thinking the past few days, and i've came up with the following; it seems that the quadratec order is going to take a while, and i cant really wait that long, escpecially that its a busy time of the year for the shipping companies. i also thought that the new wrangler "JK" is coming soon to the region, and my wrangler is kinda old (97) so if i was going to do all the mods i was thinking of, i'd be better of doing them to a new jeep, so i thought that i'll do some mods to my current jeep and after a year or two get a JK and modify it. the main thing is that i dont think its a good idea to fully modify my jeep now and after a month or so the new one comes out.

am sorry if i disappointed you guys :?

so i`ll get the OMU 2.5" lift kit with 31" and i'll do some mods to the engine and thats it ... i'll get it done ASAP coz its starting to give me a headache lol

Thank you very much guys for your valuable info, you have all been a great help and i'll be sure to make the best of all the advice you gave me :)

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

I have a Q guys

my jeep has a 3.55 ratio, and i fitted 31" tyre

is it okay to regear to 4.10 ?