Off road insurance

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Post Reply
User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

Dear friends, I am having an comprehensive insurance for my Landcruiser which covers offroad as well, but recently I came to know that the offroad coverage means " 10 meters from the main road" and anything happens to the car / passengers beyond this area is not covered under the insurance. Can anyone please advise if they know any insurance company they provide the comprehensive cover on the "full offroad" ( means all the areas / routes inside the dessert) and the average premium as well. Seeking your valuable advice...

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Location: Mussafah Abu dhabi
Contact:

Re: Off road insurance

Post by Abdul Qadir » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 am

Check with Anas Khalil+971528007784 you need to say the magic words AD4X4 :) :)
0501212499
AD4x4 the best
Proud Member since 26-03-2012, and still learning.

User avatar
tompa-bjorka
Marshal
Marshal
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:28 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by tompa-bjorka » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Check with Oman insurance, what I use and I think they are not having such limit.

User avatar
Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced
Posts: 5445
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 am
Location: Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi
Contact:

Re: Off road insurance

Post by Gladiator » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Don't take their off road yes for granted,,, there should be a paragraph in the policy defines what they mean by off road yes,,

some yes like what you said 10 meter off the road..

my Jeep is insured with Arabia insurance full sand coverage

good luck :mrgreen:
Gladiator
0506429495
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED
.

User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm

tompa-bjorka wrote:Check with Oman insurance, what I use and I think they are not having such limit.
I am also having with Oman Insurance and they are having this restriction...!!


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Abdul Qadir wrote:Check with Anas Khalil+971528007784 you need to say the magic words AD4X4 :) :)
Thank you Chief..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Gladiator wrote:Don't take their off road yes for granted,,, there should be a paragraph in the policy defines what they mean by off road yes,,

some yes like what you said 10 meter off the road..

my Jeep is insured with Arabia insurance full sand coverage

good luck :mrgreen:
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Snappy
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1956
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Off road insurance

Post by Snappy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:40 am

RSA insurance is fully offroad insurance for any 4x4, i speak from experience with them over past 5 years. I believe AXA has the same.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

User avatar
DesertDriver
Advanced
Advanced
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by DesertDriver » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:56 pm

I also have RSA full offroad coverage, which is available at a premium upon request, standard it is limited. The policy states:

Off Road Cover

The coverage under the Policy is extended to include loss or damage to Your Insured Vehicle and/or Third Party Liability whilst being driven off road provided that:
(a) Your Vehicle has four wheel drive capability
(b) It is a private vehicle only
In the event of a claim the Police Report should be provided.

Participating in competitive events (e.g. Moreeb Dune climb :)) is excluded.

User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Thank you for the clarification...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

52North
Advanced
Advanced
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi
Location: Al Reef

Re: Off road insurance

Post by 52North » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm

I concur: on 17-Jan i got a new insurance with RSA for my new toy and explicitly asked for offroad recovery. Premium in my case is Dhs 1177 (incl VAT) and has 24 Hours Accident and Breakdown Recovery included.

The conditions further states under section "24 Hours Accident And Breakdown Recovery (Cont.)":
Off Road Assistance: We will recover the Insured Vehicle from off road areas including sandy areas, desert and/or basement parking’s within the UAE. However, recovery in the desert applies to Insured Vehicles that have four wheel drive capability only, excluding competitive events or carrying passengers as part of business. This service is limited to three times in a year.

Btw, i called Anas just before and he advised he just switched companies, if i understood correctly he is now with Oman insurance. He would check with his previous mgr at ADIC but i never heard back. As i was on my way to the AD vehicle registration, i didn't chase him anymore but arranged my own directly with RSA.

User avatar
matulian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by matulian » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:13 pm

52North wrote:I concur: on 17-Jan i got a new insurance with RSA for my new toy and explicitly asked for offroad recovery. Premium in my case is Dhs 1177 (incl VAT) and has 24 Hours Accident and Breakdown Recovery included.

The conditions further states under section "24 Hours Accident And Breakdown Recovery (Cont.)":
Off Road Assistance: We will recover the Insured Vehicle from off road areas including sandy areas, desert and/or basement parking’s within the UAE. However, recovery in the desert applies to Insured Vehicles that have four wheel drive capability only, excluding competitive events or carrying passengers as part of business. This service is limited to three times in a year.

Btw, i called Anas just before and he advised he just switched companies, if i understood correctly he is now with Oman insurance. He would check with his previous mgr at ADIC but i never heard back. As i was on my way to the AD vehicle registration, i didn't chase him anymore but arranged my own directly with RSA.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
goriding
Advanced
Advanced
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Re: Off road insurance

Post by goriding » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 am

Be very careful when buying off road insurance for your cars. My JK is 2009 and in the last two years I have not been able to buy "real" offroad insurance. I spoke with at least 6 different insurance providers, and got the same result.

You can ask the insurance agent for offroad insurance and they all say of course, no problem. They send you a one page insurance quote and it says off road is covered. Then you ask for the policy wording, which is normally a 10 to 15 page document with all the details inside, and you will find the definition of offroad which means within 10 meters of the the pavement...

I have had two different insurance agents selling me offroad insurance who were not even aware of this definition, so of course they say "yes, its covered off road".

Bottom line is, I recommend you ask for the policy wording details and read it carefully before you pay and head out into the desert with your best friends children inside...
Randy

Post Reply