Air Intakes and Tuning Thoughts

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
PearlyGates59
Marshal
Marshal

Air Intakes and Tuning Thoughts

Post by PearlyGates59 »

Hi everyone!

So... some of you are already aware that recently I've done some 'playing' with The Pearly Gates herself - the Blue Raptor!

I installed an aFe Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, and yesterday installed a custom tune using an SCT X4.

The CAI was amazing. Purchased online from a place in Dubai for the best price I could find, and installed in 45 minutes myself. After the first trip a weak rubber joint broke which I repaired permanently using old parts, to a higher standard than what came in the box. The performance increases I felt were amazing - far beyond expectations, with better all round responsiveness, power delivery, torque and top speeds. Worth every penny in my book! And it sounds great too - as though the Raptor couldn't sound any better!!!

Then the Tunes. I ordered the SCT X4 Tuner from a place in the US called 5Star Tuning. They provide the tuner, online support and customized tunes specific to your vehicle. The support I've had from them has been fantastic, and they also provide lifetime support for your custom tunes which is great. The installation process is very easy and again, after only a short road test, the performance enhancements are incredible - well beyond what I expected!

Very happy to discuss further with anyone interested - I know most of you are Jeepers so you're always going to be lagging behind in the Raptor power stakes :lol: :lol: :lol: That said, the company I've dealt with have been great so far, and for a relatively modest amount of money I'd recommend these mods for some real performance enhancements!

Cheers - see you all in the dunes (if you can catch me 8-) )

Matt
Matt - Pearlygates59
Ford Raptor aka The Silver Shark