albahhar
Advanced
Advanced

Low Oil Pressure

Post by albahhar »

Wrangler TJ 98
Has 245,000 KM

Bought through newspaper ad :(

Since I bought a bout a year ago and Oil pressure Gauge indicating low oil pressure.

When the RPM around 2 or above it, the gauge is abit up (But NOT in the middle - almost between 0 and the middle, when RPM is lower or stopping at traffic light, Gauge is indicating low oil pressure and "Check Gauges" light is on.

Have done the following

1- Changed the Switching Unit or the Soil Sending Unit 3 times
2- Did a closed circuit to make sure the gauge does move and it did move
3- Tested the gauges and electrical tests by the ON - OFF three times while pressing the odometer, and the oil gauge did move nicely from 0 to 3 and up to 5.3 (i guess that is the max)
4- Well why not change the oil PumP and finshi with this problem- Changed the Oil PumP but the oil pressure gauge indicating low leve.
5- What the $*C? do an overhaul and u will have a close to new engine? errrrrrrr did an overhaul - do not ask me with whom otherwise u will shoot me- and the problem still there.
6- visited over 8 car repair garages - but no cure.

Question: do I have a problem or a sound coming out of the engine when driving it?

NO not at all actually driving smooth. I drive it at a speed of 140 KMpH for 300 KMs continuous wihtout any problem - other then the oil pressure gauge is low when stopping.

Any of you here have experienced similar problem or heard of similar problem?

My last resort is to take it to Oman and have someone get that damn Jenni out of its budy :)

Cheers

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

- Maybe you had a bad overhaul job? You need to check your engine pressure.
- Did you try the dealer? sometimes they come with correct ideas.
- Maybe you are putting the wrong oil filter. A smaller one will give you low pressure.
- The replaced oil pumb. is it original from the dealer? or a used one from the market?
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

iremy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by iremy »

An easy way to chack the actual pump reading, connect a pressure gauge (0-60 psi) in the sending unit. That should give you the actual performance of the pump.

If pump is OK that should give you peace of mind, whit taht out of the equation, the electrical part is easy.

Just a tougth

Regards

albahhar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by albahhar »

Maybe you had a bad overhaul job? You need to check your engine pressure.
- Maybe you are putting the wrong oil filter. A smaller one will give you low pressure.
- The replaced oil pumb. is it original from the dealer? or a used one from the market?

An easy way to chack the actual pump reading, connect a pressure gauge (0-60 psi) in the sending unit. That should give you the actual performance of the pump.

If pump is OK that should give you peace of mind, whit taht out of the equation, the electrical part is easy.

Just a tougth

Regards
Yes I do believe I had a bad overhaul, those people have no sence or appreciation of how much one could love his car and should treat it accordingly.

As for the oil Filter I am using MOPAR Oil Filter, and have changed over 4 by now. I even cleaned the area where the oil filter get attached to the Engine as someone in another forum has suggested.

Yes the Oil Pump is NOT original - but brand new and bought from Al-Shatry and was told as good as original- when I bought it I was given to understand it was original :(

I tried the dealer and they have said they need to do lots of things but they are not sure it will solve the problem.

As for connecting an oil gauge to the SU, well I thought the sending unit will send the data to the computer and the computer will process and send the info to the gauge. i.e. a computer system is inbetween the gauge and the Sending Unit.

Assuming I am wrong, and the computer has nothing to do with such a thing, do u have a good mechanical place in Abu Dhabi that I can visit to do the above suggestion? I do have a brand new gauge that is compatible with my car which I bought from Quadratec.

Thanks all for the interaction.

Al-Bahhar

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I have a good one in Abu dhabi yes. call me and I will take you there.

My number is 050 6224377
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

iremy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by iremy »

I'll use a industrial type hydraulic gauge (accuracy +/- 5%) the connections are 1/8 or 1/4 NPT, if you want I can do it miself, just on the weekends of after 5 pm. on weekdays

konradh

Post by konradh »

iguana wrote:- Maybe you had a bad overhaul job? You need to check your engine pressure.
8O 8O 8O

albahhar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by albahhar »

iguana wrote:I have a good one in Abu dhabi yes. call me and I will take you there.

My number is 050 6224377
Thanks Iquana.

I did visit your friend on the clutch issue (which I will not elaborate here so we do not mix the two subjects under one thread) he quoted high. Since I earned my dirhams the hard way, I have to get two other quotes from people as good as he is ;)

Cheers

albahhar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by albahhar »

iremy wrote:I'll use a industrial type hydraulic gauge (accuracy +/- 5%) the connections are 1/8 or 1/4 NPT, if you want I can do it miself, just on the weekends of after 5 pm. on weekdays
Thanks iremy,
I am pleased with the interactiopn and the help I getting from the friends that I know non of em.

I do appreciate your help. as I will be out of abu dhabi on the weekend and out of the country for the whole of next week, I will PM you once I am back and ready to give it a try.

here is a brief description about the gauge

Autometer Black Faced Electrical 2-1/16" Oil Pressure Gauge
Z-Series Gauges These quality electric gauges are simple to install and look great in pillar pods or to replace your OE gauges. The Z-Series gauges are engineered for performance grade movements giving you unsurpassed accuracy under the most demanding conditions....

Thanks again,,,

Cheers