Metal Bumpers

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Metal Bumpers

Post by Escape »

Hi All,

I have been told that metal bumpers are illegal unless you have an NOC or a they come like that from the factory (i.e. Jeeps).

I was told by a Tasjeel testing guy to a testing center at Port Rashid (or somewhere near there), but he did not explain further.

Does anyone know how I can LEGALLY change the bumper to metal so I can mount a winch and lights and still have the RTA approve the car?

Cheers, Al

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Metal Bumpers

Post by Zeebzog »

Hi Al,

For a winch you can mount one on a FJ abut it goes inside the bumper on a mounting plate.

For lights again these can be fitted if a light bar up to a certain size, there are some parts of the plastic bumper which have metal under it that can hold a light fitting.

Most of the Jeep guys swap out their bumpers for a plastic one when they go for the car test and then swap back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bu Shahid
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Metal Bumpers

Post by Bu Shahid »

I have the winch and the LED bar (covered) fixed on the original bumper and passed ADNOC inspection, no idea about RTA
Bu Shahid (Firas)
055 923 0066
Black FJ Cruiser

Glec_Jihaume
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Metal Bumpers

Post by Glec_Jihaume »

Check with Ramy 4x4 I think they have an RTA authorisation to perform modifications on vehicles and can issue NOCs. But I would confirm with Marwan if I were you.