Dyno Testing

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Dyno Testing

Post by Escape »

So I had a slightly annoying experience when trying to get a dyno test done. I called a few places and it seemed that the prices were around AED500 for two hours. No one seemed to understand that that I did not want to do tuning and adjustments and hang around for two hours, all I wanted to do was one run to see what the power output was, install a snorkel and then do another run to see if there was any change. After quite a lot of phone calls, I explained the situation and he said I could do two runs for AED500. I explicitly said to him that I will come in today (Wednesday) and do the first dyno run, install the snorkel on Thursday and come in Thursday evening and do the second run. I checked that this would be 500 dirhams and he said fine. I came in and he suggested that I install the snorkel first and then we could just disconnect it and do only one run. I said that this was exactly what I did not want to do, because I wan't an accurate "stock" versus "modified" test. He then said that I would have to pay twice. AED1000. He pretended not to remember the conversation we had had one hour earlier. Needless to say, I left and will not return.

Anyway, annoying experience aside, I went ahead and installed the snorkel anyway. After highway driving, I thought that there may have been a slight power drop, but nothing significant enough for me to say that there definitely was a power drop. In the desert I was actually thinking the opposite. Maybe there was a slight power increase. Either way, there was certainly no negative experience from installing the snorkel and there was no sand in the filter box either. After one test I am happy with the result.

Thanks to all those who provided advice.

Cheers, Al

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hubiheu
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dyno Testing

Post by hubiheu »

You not ask me..... The will be 100% an power drop
Toyota Landcruiser 100

[ ] [ ] [ ][___]__
|--- l l -Lo=TOYOTA=o]
()_)---()_) --o-- ()_)