Toyota Prado 2012 V6 Engine Oil

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Stalliondz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Stalliondz »

Hello,
I'm seeking some advice in relation to what to use as Engine Oil for my Toyota Prado 2012 V6.
The agency used to put Total oil (I don't really know if it's full synthetic or semi ...) the car has 100,000 on the clock and since my warranty got void as I've installed a new suspension and some electronic gadgets and LED bar as well as bigger tyres so Alfutaim motors isn't keeping my warranty valid any more (as the mods doesn't comply with their warranty policy)
So I'm done with paying 900+ Dhs for a 5000 Km minor service (just a ripoff).

Any recommendations?
-Car has been serviced regularly and we'll maintained so far with no mechanical issues what so ever.
-Driving style: normal/ some times aggressive.
- Mostly in city + once or twice a month Ad-Dubai highway.
- min twice a month Offroading.

Chafik

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AbuPhampi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AbuPhampi »

Hi Chafik, sorry I can't help with the oil, but do you know if a LED bar alone would void the warranty as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proud to be Catalan |||||\*/|||||
Toyota FJ Cruiser (Black)
Mob: 050 111 41 08
http://abuphampi.wordpress.com/

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zeebzog »

I have different suspension and led lights. The lights did not impact al futaims Warranty on the battery when it needed replacement. However it does void the Warranty on the suspension (since it is not theirs) and the bits it connects to. So for example you cannot claim for upper or lower control arms. Otherwise you should be fine.

Georges
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Georges »

Hi Chafik,

I own a 2009 Prado and used to service it every 5,000 km until one day where I had a chat with a Toyota sales person who told me that the real work is one the 10k, 20k, 30k etc. and anything in between is really changing oil only. So he recommended I put synthetic oil and stop doing the intermediate servicing. I have been doing so for year. My car has 140k km and runs like a Swiss watch.
Cheers
Georges
JKU 2014
Mob: 0559740888

DinoStroker

Re: Toyota Prado 2012 V6 Engine Oil

Post by DinoStroker »

Stalliondz wrote:Hello,
I'm seeking some advice in relation to what to use as Engine Oil for my Toyota Prado 2012 V6.
Any recommendations?
This is a slippery subject. ;)
I use ADNOC 10W-40 Voyager Silver semi-synthetic in my Jeep. You could use the same stuff or go for the full synthetic Voyager Gold.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

Stalliondz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Stalliondz »

AbuPhampi wrote:Hi Chafik, sorry I can't help with the oil, but do you know if a LED bar alone would void the warranty as well?

Dear AbuPhampi,
As per my last two visits to the service center to service my car, I asked about the affects of putting the Led lights on the warranty, and I've been told by a service representative (who became a friend) that if I put the led light bar and I connect it to the car electrical system and some thing happens to the car electrical system at a later stage, they will link it to what ever connections you've made for the led bar and they would say that that's the cause (they will always find an excuse blaming any thing that has been added by the owner of the car, and the same goes for an after market Radio.
So the guy said its better not to add any thing unless it's done by alfuttaim.
But what I came to believe in is that a Toyota doesn't really need warranty as it's a quality car. And I'm just giving up the 6 months warranty left of the 5 years unlimited warranty that No issues has happened during the warranty period and needed me to claim on the warranty.

If you really need the warranty I believe you should visit the service center and confirm with them that it won't affect your warranty (and of course try to get it in writing)

Stalliondz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Stalliondz »

Gerge wrote:Hi Chafik,

I own a 2009 Prado and used to service it every 5,000 km until one day where I had a chat with a Toyota sales person who told me that the real work is one the 10k, 20k, 30k etc. and anything in between is really changing oil only. So he recommended I put synthetic oil and stop doing the intermediate servicing. I have been doing so for year. My car has 140k km and runs like a Swiss watch.
Hello George,
Any recommendation on the Oil Brand/rate (castrol,... 5w-30 , 10w...) :)

AbuPhampi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AbuPhampi »

Thanks Stalliondz and Lee for sharing your experiences.

I actually have an aftermarket radio in my FJ and recently I had a problem with stock lighting system: actually they changed the switch next to steering wheel for free and they didnt say anything...

Also they changed a damanged shock a year ago under the warranty, so am happy using the warranty so far.

I will check, but I supose if I add lights I can remove them back to stock if a big problem appears...

Besides am also thinking of decreasing frequency of dealerships service after warranty will be gone.

Rainbow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rainbow »

The agency used to put Total oil (I don't really know if it's full synthetic or semi ...) the car has 100,000 on the clock and since my warranty got void as I've installed a new suspension and some electronic gadgets and LED bar as well as bigger tyres so Alfutaim motors isn't keeping my warranty valid any more (as the mods doesn't comply with their warranty policy)

Any recommendations?
-Car has been serviced regularly and we'll maintained so far with no mechanical issues what so ever.

Chafik

Please visit the mechanic as this will not be repaired by yourself,

Just tell the mechanic that you want to change the CAM sensor and crank sensor. For sure your problem will be solved...

It will cost you from alfutaim 110aed.

Georges
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Georges »

Stalliondz wrote:
Gerge wrote:Hi Chafik,

Hello George,
Any recommendation on the Oil Brand/rate (castrol,... 5w-30 , 10w...) :)

I use the one provided by Toyota.
Cheers
Georges
JKU 2014
Mob: 0559740888

AbuPhampi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AbuPhampi »

shahidsaif wrote:

Any recommendations?

Chafik

Just tell the mechanic that you want to change the CAM sensor and crank sensor. For sure your problem will be solved...

Hi Chafik,

Is this for Stalliondz or for my cranking issue from another tread?

If is the second, thanks, makes sense!

Stalliondz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Stalliondz »

AbuPhampi wrote:
shahidsaif wrote:

Any recommendations?

Chafik

Hi Chafik,

Hello AbuPhampi,
I believe Shahidsaif's reply is for your post, and he must have posted it here by mistake. :)

Rainbow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rainbow »

Stalliondz wrote:
AbuPhampi wrote:
shahidsaif wrote: Please visit the mechanic as this will not be repaired by yourself,

Hi Chafik,

Hello AbuPhampi,
I believe Shahidsaif's reply is for your post, and he must have posted it here by mistake. :)

Yes it was for cranking issue... But i am amazed to see it with engine oil... I was reading about cranking issue and posted a reply but now when i saw it for an engine oil...

Extremely sorry if it happens due to my mistake..