FJ Wheel Spacers

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Escape
Advanced
Advanced

FJ Wheel Spacers

Post by Escape »

I am looking at getting some Braid beadlock wheels. They make them in any offset you want at no extra cost (I think). I would like to increase the track width a little bit and I understand that 50mm spacers on FJ's are common. Is this right? THe problem is, I don't want to order the wheels with the offset only to find that they don't fit, either because they rub in the wheel arch, or there is not enough room for the brake caliper.

Has anyone got spacers and found that they rub? If so, what width are they. Basically I would like to get the maximum width possible without getting any rub.

Cheers, Al

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

FJ Wheel Spacers

Post by Zeebzog »

I have 30mm spacers
285/70/R17 tires
The front wheel arch is modified
I am not sure what rim offset I have, they came with the car but they are not stock
They don't generally rub. However the right tire can catch slightly if tires are deflated and going down a steep dune and I have to do a full turn left. I have some movement on the lower control arm on the right due to a split bushing which I have to sort out but it highlights how close they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denise
Advanced
Advanced

Re: FJ Wheel Spacers

Post by Denise »

Hi
Did you speak to Arctic Trucks about your proposed set up?
Since they do the FJ mods for AFM they may have all the technical specs you need in order to make your decisions?
All the best
Denise

Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Re: FJ Wheel Spacers

Post by Escape »

Thanks Denise and Lee. I have spoken to Arctic Trucks. They seemed to think that fitting spacers would be fine. I am not really convinced though. I will have to do a bit of checking myself.

Cheers, Al

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

FJ Wheel Spacers

Post by Zeebzog »

Hi Al, I have just got my lower control arms sorted so I will be able to tell you after this weekend if they still rub. Note that my right wheel only lightly catches where the mud flap is when at full lock left, going down hill under compression with deflated tires. It never connects with any other part of the car. If yours are catching in other places such as at the top of the wheel arch I would have the bump stops/suspension checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk