FJ Lift Kit / Suspension

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Rahman
Advanced
Advanced

Re: FJ Lift Kit / Suspension

Post by Rahman »

While the stock suspensions may be fine for any level of driving, an upgrade with after market performance suspension definitely have a big difference onroad or offroad. I had my suspension upgraded a month ago. I got the BP-51 from OME/ARB fixed by Arctic trucks. I am loving the feel of ride each time i drive whether road or desert.

I did some research before deciding where and what to fix. However, i cant compare performance with other brands as i haven't tried them. But price wise as per my fact finding - BP51, Fox 2.5 DSC, ICON Stage 3 will cost you almost same. Icon stage 3 is not adjustable. Fox DSC adjustments can be done easily. BP51 adjustment is done by a ring like key which requires you to go underneath the car for the rear wheels.

For the garage, I went to TORC for Fox (great team there), went to best line for ICON (same comment as Futureshock), Arctic trucks for BP-51 (they know what they are doing, I'm very happy with the team there). Mebar has very high reputation but i didn't go there as their work is so expensive from what i heard.
Rahman
+971 55 543 8134, jushak.rahman@gmail.com
Land Cruiser Prado J150 LWB

"An act of random kindness can change the world"

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

FJ Lift Kit / Suspension

Post by Zeebzog »

I had OME ARB shocks on the FJ, and not that impressed. Under heavy braking the vehicle nose dived on the road, on the sand the car was prone to hop sideways down hill when side sloping. It was fitted by Artic trucks and the back bump stops were not in the correct position.

I now have stage 4 radflos, with total chaos Uca. No more nose dives when braking on the road, amazing difference in the sand , a totally different car. Fitted by Mebar.

However, like I said before if investing for the long term I would wait a short while, get to know what you want and then decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk