Fortuner shocks

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
VaughanS

Fortuner shocks

Post by VaughanS »

Hi

Has anyone upgraded the shocks on their fortuner and fun Ind that it has improved the ride quality and lost the nervous gitters?

What brand of shocks and where can I go in AD to get them. Thanks
Fortuner 4ltr 2014. Stock as stock can be...

iqsaan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Fortuner shocks

Post by iqsaan »

Hi Vaughan,
Welcome to AD4X4 !

I drive a Prado 120 series which has a similar chassis set up to your Fortuner . I've fitted a Fox suspension with coil overs providing a 2 inch lift; roughly a year ago and am pleased with the performance.

However, having said that I would suggest that you join us for a few drives as it might be more beneficial for you to modify your offroading skill set before you consider any mods.

Our structured drive system and skilled marshals will guide you through every step of your journey

Hope to meet you soon !
Prado
052 9061636

VaughanS

Fortuner shocks

Post by VaughanS »

Hi iqsaan

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I definitely will be joining on some drives soon.

I actually should do a proper intro. I had previously lived in Dubai for 15 years before a short stint back in South Africa for a year. Then in 2014 we moved back but this time to Abu Dhabi.

The main reason for the change of shocks is the comfort factor. My wife uses the car the most and finds it very bumpy and jittery so I was planning on starting with just an upgrade of the shocks ( no lift) I had done this previously on my Pajero and found the overall comfort improved.

As it's the wife's car not keen on a lift. Plus I don't find it necessary as of yet.

What garages are recommended to get such upgrades from because ARB emirates have advised it would take 3 months to get the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortuner 4ltr 2014. Stock as stock can be...