Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Believe in your self!

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Ford F-150

Post by BBQBear »

Nen82,

I had those tires on my truck too and I also have a 6" lift. They are great on road. I found them to be just a bit big. I would rub a lot. Then one day I really cut into the tread and had to replace a tire. So I replaced them all. I now run 305/55/20 cooper at3. Much better on power and no more cutting into the tire. The Perelli tires did great through newbie and lighter intermediate trips. The problems start with needing to turn while compressed. I would run them as long as you can. When you need new tires let me know. I can help you find what you need.

The Diablo is good. Was it returned to factory when you bought the truck? Make sure you check before you bring it into Ford. That will void your warranty. See you out there.

If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

Nen82

Re: Ford F-150

Post by Nen82 »

Nice to know BBQBear. I think I will run them until they wear out and then I will give you a shout :)

Ok. I will do some research on that Diablo device. Unfortunately, the car is out of warranty already.

hierarchize

Ford F-150

Post by hierarchize »

I got the F150 5.4l good and old 2010. Now have to level it up, do you reckon I go with eBay and get it online ? What's the perfect leveling kit I mean size 2 , 2.5, or 3

Believe in your self!

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

Nice thread, good inputs.

Fuse for ABS is good info, not sure i got the idea about switching 4H, 4L ... does not work after that is removed?
Airbags... erm, no news here, no way to switch off? What is realistic angle of side crest doable with f150 than? As to me wheel base is way not friendly with Bulldozer drive style :D
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

Thom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Thom »

Serge wrote:Nice thread, good inputs.

Fuse for ABS is good info, not sure i got the idea about switching 4H, 4L ... does not work after that is removed?
Airbags... erm, no news here, no way to switch off? What is realistic angle of side crest doable with f150 than? As to me wheel base is way not friendly with Bulldozer drive style :D
Hi Serge - Switching between 2H, 4H, 4L (and engaging the diff-lock on FX4) is done via a dash switch. The electrics for the switching mechanism is clearly wired via fuse 36 as the diff lock and transfer case will be stuck in the position it was when the fuse was removed. Hope it makes sense.
Ref the side cresting..... who can tell exactly when it will cause the bags to pop. Safest to say, I now keep my driving to fast Intermediate level in the F150.

With regards to "Bulldozer drive style".... In my experience Bulldozers are construction machines that are slow, make a lot of noise, blow a lot of smoke and plough through the sand. Not really comparison for F150s. ;)

JK 2012 - "White Rhino"
F150 FX4 2014 - "Canis Majoris"
FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005220737029

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

Thom wrote:
Serge wrote:Nice thread, good inputs.

Hi Serge - Switching between 2H, 4H, 4L (and engaging the diff-lock on FX4) is done via a dash switch. The electrics for the switching mechanism is clearly wired via fuse 36 as the diff lock and transfer case will be stuck in the position it was when the fuse was removed. Hope it makes sense.
Ref the side cresting..... who can tell exactly when it will cause the bags to pop. Safest to say, I now keep my driving to fast Intermediate level in the F150.

With regards to "Bulldozer drive style".... In my experience Bulldozers are construction machines that are slow, make a lot of noise, blow a lot of smoke and plough through the sand. Not really comparison for F150s. ;)

Hey, thank a lot for prompt comments,

So, they make a truck but dont think few steps ahead... Ok what do you drive on, 4H or 4L... running with a fuse around the truck all the time is really no fun at all.

Did you try working out a mod as with JK, to wire a switch of this fuse into the cabin and just do it from inside when required?

Airbags, so you side crest, side slope but with some speed? or you go more for the straight cresting (cant really imagine straight with 6 meters of metal :D )

Thanks!
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Ford F-150

Post by BBQBear »

Hello hierarchize. So here is the deal with some of your questions. Don't get the 3 inch level kit. It puts too much angle on the upper control arm and doesn't work to well. A 2" level kit works really good. It should be a 1.5" block for the rear and 2" spacer up front. Most of the guys with F150s run that set up and can deal with just about anything that comes their way.

Next is the fuse issue. I have a switch. I had it installed at a shop in Mussafah. I go there all the time for stuff. I have brought others there for stuff. The switch is 150-180 I can't remember exactly. It is called Soft Touch and is across from Rami. I like the switch because should you get stuck in a position where the hood isn't accessible and you need to go from 4H to 4L or the other way you can't. You can go from 4H to 2WD but that is it. I can show you where this is. Just pm me and I can help you out.

In regards to your air bags. Mine have gone off, Tony007 have gone off, and a few others as well. I took mine out. It is a fairly simple job. Remove the headliner and take off 6 bolts per side. It is all one unit. You really have to watch what you are side creating. The sharper and more narrow usually the worse. But then again I have heard people say it seemed like a normal crest and they went off. No real good reason. It just happens. There is no way to shut them off. At least we haven't found one yet.

Other mods to consider:

Air intake- most of us run either Volant or Roush.

Tuner- Bully Dog or SCT. You may not notice it as much on road but it will really increase off road torque.

Bumper mod- you can remove the bottom black plastic for free. You can get a bull bar for the front or a push bar. The long front end can be rough on the bumper at times. Or you can also get a steel bumper that is custom or prefab. We have a guy if you want a custom route. It is cheaper and more durable. Let me know if you are interested.

Remove the side steps. If you do a level kit, you can gain another couple inches of clearance by doing this. If you can live without them take them off.

If you have any other questions let me know.

If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

hierarchize

Ford F-150

Post by hierarchize »

Thanks guys amazing inputs !

Believe in your self!