Abu Dhabi - garrage with Tires and Rims

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Waldemar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Waldemar »

Hi DUDES!,
Can you please recommend me a good garragein AUH (or Dubai) where I can buy tires and rims.
I am looking for Cooper Discovery, BF Goodrich KO/KO2, or Yokochama Geolander.
I've spent hours looking for them in Musaffah with no luck. Maybe still after 3 years here I still don't understand how people do business here.

When I try a Michelin shop they guy tells me that he sells only Good Year.
I try a shop with huge Yokohama logo, guy even has a poster with Geolanders inside, I point and ask for size/price and he doesn't have them, not even mentioning that he doesn't know what is the difference between A/T and M/T.
I've tried over 10 different shops, spent hours to overcome language barriers and explain what product I want to buy with not much luck.

Please recommend a good shop that will find the tires I want and will help me to choose a proper rim.

Many Thanks in advance,
Waldemar
JKU
0555 46 43 77

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BBQBear »

What size tires, rims and what kind of vehicle?

If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.
If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

Outlaw7

Re: Abu Dhabi - garrage with Tires and Rims

Post by Outlaw7 »

I had good luck with WheelNation in Dubai. They have service partners and will deliver tires and rims to the garage for free install. Look them up on Google.
---------------
Outlaw7 (Judd)
UAE - 1991 Wrangler YJ
□|||||□
USA - 2010 JK Unlimited
0|||||0

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Sent me a PM or sms. i got some Geolander AT-S 265/70/17 from a tyre place. they ring up a supplier and get them delivered to the shops in town. i got mine for about 575 each. including fitting and balance.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Check with Qariouty for Tires the link is here for more info
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21384
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Waldemar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Waldemar »

I have Prado 2014. I will lift it by 2,5' next week, then i would like to visit a garage and get some recommendations.
My stock size is 265/65/17. I know Tilki (also a Prado driver with 2' lift) has 265/70/17 and there isn't a lot of space left so probably that what I will go for.

What do you recommend for rims, should I decrees the size of the rim ?

thanks,
Waldemar
JKU
0555 46 43 77

Waldemar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Waldemar »

BBQBear, do you still have the Pirelli Scorpions ? How are they offroad compared to BFG or Cooper?
I had them on Honda MRV and I was very happy with them onroad, never did offroad.

Thanks,
JKU
0555 46 43 77

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

You should be careful re rim size. I have had a couple of drives where we had pop out and as the rim was slightly smaller or quasi Beadlock look alike and we had no tyre iron the tyre would not reseal and had to change wheel and repair in sweihan.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BBQBear »

Waldemar wrote:BBQBear, do you still have the Pirelli Scorpions ? How are they offroad compared to BFG or Cooper?
I had them on Honda MRV and I was very happy with them onroad, never did offroad.

Thanks,
I have the scorpion atr tires. They are outstanding off road and on. My wife has a JK and she has BFG KO tires and also do well off-road. The KO tires are really noisy on road. I can't say from experience if the at/3 tires are better or not but I would buy my tires again without a question. I have driven in the sand with her Jeep and the KO with no problems. If it is just off road, the KO will be fine and cost less. But on road, they are loud.