Suspension upgrades and performance

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Suspension upgrades and performance

Post by Zeebzog »

2 unrelated requests for advice

1. I am thinking of upgrading my suspension, any recommendations for a FJ Cruiser and who to have fit it? I currently have OME fitted (came with with the car) but I find that this is kicks quite a bit especially on the back end if I push over any bumps. I have looked at a stage 4 system from Mebar auto based in Dubai which is based on Radflo, is this overkill? Is Mebar as good as they look on paper?

2. I have a performance issue with the car not pulling as expected. I am not getting the normal pull from 0-2,500 revs that I used to get for the last 3 weeks or so. Toyota are currently deciding if they agree with me or not. Now could this purely be due to the temperature reducing the performance, that is would a cold air intake "fix this" or is it more likely to be something along the lines of dirty injectors? Above 2,500 revs it is not as noticeable. Note I am not that knowledgeable about car mechanics and I appreciate it could be a number of things, but any advice on areas for Toyota to look at or things to try to address it would be useful. The car otherwise runs OK, just the initial pick up from stationary is not what I expect.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk