Prado 2015 -Diff Locks

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Razeem

Prado 2015 -Diff Locks

Post by Razeem »

Hi Guys,

I am having a prado 2015 GXR (4l V6) .
I was doing research on diff locks how efficient is the Prado's traction control compared to a diff locker. If i want to put in a diff locker , what type of diff locker do you guys suggest . I have checked out the ARB airlockers but, i am hesitant to have my diffs drilled. How are the eaton e-lockers compared to ARB airlockers? If i do fit an diff ocker does it affect my existing traction system ?
RaZeeM-050-3073414

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Prado 2015 -Diff Locks

Post by SSS »

razeem wrote:Hi Guys,

I am having a prado 2015 GXR (4l V6) .
I was doing research on diff locks how efficient is the Prado's traction control compared to a diff locker. If i want to put in a diff locker , what type of diff locker do you guys suggest . I have checked out the ARB airlockers but, i am hesitant to have my diffs drilled. How are the eaton e-lockers compared to ARB airlockers? If i do fit an diff ocker does it affect my existing traction system ?
the eaton e-lockers inside a diff need electrical connection too (you drill a hole ... no matter what)
in the sand all electronic traction controls are overwhelmed as of today ... (they try to control throttle and brakes in situations you might not want a computer to outsmart you :)) ... and the extended sand driving will cause higher wear on electronically controlled brakes and eventually gears)

You want a simple "no brainer" which works very well in the sand as long both wheels have contact to the ground(!) ?
(and no switches, no air, no electricity, no clutches, no holes in diff)
Try (Eaton)/Detroit TruTrac gear driven (clutchless) torsen type limited slip differentials (if they exist for your diffs!?):
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... it+TruTrac

(I run with them front and rear since 2011 )
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808