Jeep liberty drive shaft issue

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Khaledjeep

Jeep liberty drive shaft issue

Post by Khaledjeep »

Hello all ..
I have inquiry and at the same time I need help.. I got my jeep liberty lifted for 3.5" including the arms .. bump stop . Spacers . Y diff peice break lines .. but I have an issue .. on the high way I feel the drive shaft vibrating so badly at high and mid speed .. so can any one suggest me what to do about that ??...

The car is jeep liberty 2002 limited

Front dana 30 with arb locker comming soon :p

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Jeep liberty drive shaft issue

Post by Bulldozer »

Hi Khalid welcome to the family, first Pls visit this link and introduce your self to the members
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7

for your Q its been lifted too much, the answer is yes to accommodate bigger tires and to stop rubbing
this makes the shaft shorter and start pulling out specially at the turns and will end up by damaged shaft, you need to order a longer modified shaft to clear this issue, or do 2" or less lifting, come on to WM workshop open day on 8 July at 21:00 - 00:01 for consultation they will be able to help you (you must have log book to enter, I will be there to help), check the link for details
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22249
You can check with Adiga Posts as he tried that B4 and endup with buying a Rubicon
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Khaledjeep

Post by Khaledjeep »

Thanks alot for the reply .. will introduce my self definitly

About the drive shaft is it possible to order a custom one ? Do u know some one who took the measurements ordered a custom drive shaft ? The problem am livin in shj and the cant take the jeep on high ways .. so sad

Rahman
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rahman »

check this post by chief khaiwi, might help too

http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php ... UR#p207835
Rahman
+971 55 543 8134, jushak.rahman@gmail.com
Land Cruiser Prado J150 LWB

"An act of random kindness can change the world"

Khaledjeep

Post by Khaledjeep »

Rahman wrote:check this post by chief khaiwi, might help too

http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php ... UR#p207835
Thanks alot rahman .. I red it all .. as most of the information I know it already .. the only problem is to find who can take the measures and order because every time I send an email to toms wood they never ever reply ..

This is what I always receive
Thank you for writing. Ordinarily, I attempt to answer each E-mail personally. I hate to send out an auto-responder but I will be out of the office until Monday June 29th 2015. I will not be able to respond until after I return.

If you have questions or would like to place an order prior to this, it may be best to call or fax at these #s

Toll Free US Phone 1-877-497-4238
Toll Free US Fax 1-877-495-6468
Worldwide Phone 1-801-737-0757
Worldwide Fax 1-801-737-0786

Rahman
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rahman »

Like our senior marshal bulldozer said, meet them all on WM open day. You will meet all sorts of experts there. And since the open day is all about jeeps, I'm sure you will end the day with a solution.
Rahman
+971 55 543 8134, jushak.rahman@gmail.com
Land Cruiser Prado J150 LWB

"An act of random kindness can change the world"

Khaledjeep

Post by Khaledjeep »

I contacted with few ppl who lifted their jeep liberty .. they told me that the drive shaft are good and I need to cut down front cv axle .. so will try that and will update about it ...

Q note : for 33" tyres I need to regear the back and front diff right ? ( changing the gear and pinion set to 4.88)

Coz I asume on the stock gear ratio 3.73 will run very slow and wont handle 33" tyres

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

as you like the car that much and insist on it, yes u need to re-gear but dont go tooo high, just the second higher ratio, but my advice sort out the lift issue then try the 33'' tires, from there u can judge to re-gear or leave it as is, take the ladder step by step, to save your money and time.
check with Rashad in Mebar Dxb 04 2661028 or 050 4224535 insist to talk to him in person for this issue, u can use my name also
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded