Running New Vehicle In - Off Road Yet?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Midi

Running New Vehicle In - Off Road Yet?

Post by Midi »

What to do?

I have just taken delivery of my new FJ (100km on the clock now) and need some advice on running it in or more specifically “is it OK to take it off road yet?”

I am following the owners manual on running the engine in e.g. don’t thrash it but don’t drive it like a granny either, but what about the transmission etc?

I am due to go on Khalid’s Fossil Rock trip on Friday, do I go in the FJ or take the old Jeep instead?

Any input appreciated

Colin

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i took my wrangler with less than 500kms on the clock. Ivan did the same as well.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I experience Toyota workshop to be very picky with my Prado at that time, so I did not dare offroading till Toyota completed the 1.000 km Inspection.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

I'd take anyother car for the time being, after you complete 1000Km then i guess your free to do what you want. its not really worth it, you never know what could happen so just take the safe side.

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

mike0967 wrote:I experience Toyota workshop to be very picky with my Prado at that time, so I did not dare offroading till Toyota completed the 1.000 km Inspection.
I agree with mike
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

RonH

Post by RonH »

It is anew car my friend, there will be plenty of time to test it off-road, choose with your head and take the other car and wait at least untill the first 1000k. or even a bit more. You will enjoy the car for a long time so have patience :-)

( ok ok I turned my 6 month old 4D JK on it's head, but see where that has gotten me....)

Midi

Post by Midi »

Thanks for the good advice, I best get those first 1000 kms out of the way then, like you say, there will be plenty of time in the future for getting sand inside it.

Colin

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

You should drive it for 1000KM first then do the service then you can take it to offroad, it will be really bad for the car to drive it and push it in the desert and it is still new, you have to do the 1st 1000KM and then drive it on the high way fast speed then you can go offroading in this way you will have a longer lift for the car.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

From what I know, most of the cars have a light oil when it comes new ... after the 1000 KM they change the oil to the real one .... Except Jeeps ... The first service due for my new Cherokee is after 10,000 KM .. so do you think that I will wait all this?????

Play it safe man and keep the new car till you finish the first 1000KM
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com