JK Heavy Duty Tailgate Hinges - Interested?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Phoenix Rising
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re:

Post by Phoenix Rising »

barish wrote:Im also interested in the hd hinges..
Hey Barish, I have you down for a pair. Are you interested in anything else? If you are planning to do any long trips I recommend the fuel carrier options - either the hinge mounted bracket for rotopax or the side mount for either Jerry can or Rotopax. The JK is not very fuel efficient when out in the sand and carrying spare fuel is recommended for areas like Liwa.

Let me know.

:ad4x4:
Jeremy *****
+971 54 4885882

2017 Porsche Cayman 718 for On Road Fun!
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 V8 (Silver Surfer) for light Off Road fun!
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Bazinga!) Sold
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Phoenix) - Retired Hurt :-(
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Manual (Green Giant) - Sold

Phoenix Rising
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: JK Heavy Duty Tailgate Hinges - Interested?

Post by Phoenix Rising »

Hey Jeepers,

I have now put together a price list for all the available accessories directly from MORRyde and this is shown below. All the accessories fit to factory positions, don't require any drilling and require just basic hand tools to fit. The prices include shipping and customs charges. If we order 5 or more of each item then the prices in the second column apply as the company will give us wholesale price. The hinge price will be the lower price as I have about 8 people interested already.
MorRyde Accessories Price.JPG
I initially pitched these products against the only real alternative to JK/JKU tailgate upgrades, the Teraflex HD Hinged Carrier. The quality and cost of these items is far superior to teraflex, however the cost difference is greatly reduced once you factor in Shipping costs. The smaller items are still great value for money, even more so at the wholesale price, and cannot be beaten. The larger items (tailgate re-inforcement and tyre carrier) attract very high shipping costs due to the dimensions of the packing boxes, so much so that they are only 200-300 dhs less than the Teraflex once done. That said, I believe the quality of these products is incomparable.

So if those people who have already expressed an interest can confirm what you want, I will be placing the order in the next couple of weeks. I will need money up front please (cash/cheque/bank transfer) so PM, SMS or Whatsapp me and I will liaise directly with you.

If you want to see pictures don't forget to go to their website link here http://www.morryde.com/product-category ... ccessories

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy *****
+971 54 4885882

Grant-b
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grant-b »

Do you think these guys would add a tj reinforced hinge to the list for shipping? I see they have one on the website as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoenix Rising
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by Phoenix Rising »

Grant-b wrote:Do you think these guys would add a tj reinforced hinge to the list for shipping? I see they have one on the website as you mentioned.
Hi Grant,

I don't think the Company has a TJ hinge, although the guy who designed the JK ones has had them on the market for a while - have a look here for the TJ ones. Same retail price as the JK however different supplier.

http://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wran ... ate-hinges

Jeremy *****
+971 54 4885882

Grant-b
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grant-b »

Thanks, I will see if they will send me a set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoenix Rising
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by Phoenix Rising »

I have received the first bulk shipment of heavy duty accessories from the USA and the items are being distributed now. The first recipient is The Oryx (Dailos) who has fitted the HD hinges and Rotopax carrier yesterday and the quality and fit is excellent. He has fitted 2 x 2 gallon Rotopax to his installation. Dailos, can you add a picture with the Pax fitted please?

I will fit 1 x 3 gallon Rotopax to mine.
Dailos Hinge-Rotopax.jpg
I also have the Side Mount Fuel Carrier which will take jerry cans or rotopax, and the tailgate re-inforcement. I will take photos and add them on here for people to see.

I also have one more set of HD Hinges available if anyone is interested. 670 dhs the set. Please PM me if you want them, first come first served.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy *****
+971 54 4885882

The Oryx
Advanced
Advanced

Post by The Oryx »

Good morning all,

I have just seen this post!! sorry for the late reply!.

Jeremy and i fitted the Hinges & Rotopax bracket. Thank you for helping J !!!

I decided to put the x2 - 2 gallon Rotopax as i have the short wheel base and i need the extra litres of fuel!!.. Sadly in the UAE you cant get more than 2 Gallons in any other colour but red!.. so i went with the black ones which are also for fuel.

The hinge itself is fantastic, before driving on corrugations the boot with the 285 tyre was making such a horrible noise, a noise that hurt!!!
Now, with the stronger hinge, its a lot smoother and hardly makes a noise, now the rest of the car shakes :D

Both hinge & Rotopax bracket are easy to install and extremely pleased.

Wishing you all a late xmas & happy new year!!!...

Best regards,
"The Oryx"
JK - Trail Hawk II / 2015

.: Dailos :.
Gran Canaria
056 686 0003

Dubai