Al Futtaim and warranty question

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zeebzog »

I seem to be going round in circles.

There are a couple of things I want to add to my FJ Cruiser (off road lights + winch) and I notice that many people in AD4x4 have modified their Toyota.

When I checked with Al Futtaim they state that with the exception of a skid plate that any mod will invalidate your warranty.

What did all you Toyota owners do? Void the warranty and work on the assumption that the car is reliable? Or got them to accept some sense that adding a light should not impact the warranty on the engine.

Any thoughts or advice very welcome since I am now not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luaymikkawi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Luaymikkawi »

Dear Zeebzog,

I asked them the same question about the mods, and there reply was totally different. They said as long as you dont touch anything under the hood (supercharger or chips or anything that increases HP) your fine, your car will stay under warranty.

My advice is before doing anything ask them about the mod you are going to install and if it voids the warranty. Its better to have something written of course out of them.

Good luck.. keep me posted with your mods i may follow urs :)

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

The warranty will void, or that's what they will tell you without a fight!!
Now, sensible answer would be, depending on the problem, if your mod has anything to do with it, then the warranty will not cover it.
What did I do, well, I took my car for the 1000km free service then never stepped in the agency for the service of the same car, the car is modded after almost 6 months, which is enough to show any manufacturer issues, and if I need to fix anything outside warranty, it's much cheaper to take it somewhere else, and usually many can fix it.
Enjoy your FJ ;)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Luaymikkawi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Luaymikkawi »

Desert hawk.. which shop or garahe you deal with..
I have bought an FJ too and i want to install some mods..

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

No one in specific, depends on the job, and availability.
There are few with high prices that I use for complicated mods, and few for simple stuff.
But in general any garage can fix a Toyota.
There are few guys here which own garages and I'm sure they can provide you with good rates.
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zeebzog »

Thank you for the info....Luaymikkawi, out of interest what are you looking to get done?

Luaymikkawi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Luaymikkawi »

Basic things.. my car still in stock phase :) i need skid plate, shoks, some accessories like black grill mirrors and bumper, all the needed things to raise the car 3"
And the rest will come later

I want to have an idea about the shops which can provide quality items with reasonable prices.

I was thinking to buy some stuff online and pay the shipping cost but i found that shipping costs are really high.. do u have experience in that? Please share if u did it before

Finally any advice could help since i am new to FJs and off roading

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Re:

Post by desert_hawk »

Luaymikkawi wrote:Basic things.. my car still in stock phase :) i need skid plate, shoks, some accessories like black grill mirrors and bumper, all the needed things to raise the car 3"
And the rest will come later

I want to have an idea about the shops which can provide quality items with reasonable prices.

I was thinking to buy some stuff online and pay the shipping cost but i found that shipping costs are really high.. do u have experience in that? Please share if u did it before

Finally any advice could help since i am new to FJs and off roading
you can always go for a group order, online prices are much cheaper than retail here, if you know where to buy
I bought most of the mods (especially the ones that does not need warranty) from AllProOffroad, shipping rates are bit high, but still cheaper than retail prices here, I am talking about bumper, skid plate, light bar, spacers, UCAs
and the list goes on, I might do or will be interested in group order in the near future, looking for items from
www.purefjcruiser.com
FJCRUISER

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zeebzog »

Advise that you get a skid plate ASAP. Plenty of options got mine from Artic Trucks Dubai and very pleased with it but a bit pricey 1,800 dhs. Shocks I have old man emu from ARB but these came on the FJ Cruiser when I bought it (Xtreme version). Bumper mine is still stock. Don't really want to change since it might make putting it through the test more difficult.