Leaky girl, needs some work

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Chappers

Post by Chappers »

:)

So my TJ has a slight oil leak bless her.

Had a quote it would take 3 days to fix from WM which I think is a touch long, plus others have stated they take their time...

So can someone recommend me a garage anywhere in Abu Dhabi that we trust to do work on our cars, within a reasonable time frame and at a reasonable price?

I've been told all the garages are in Musafah and the girls still drivable so can take it to where ever you guys think is best (please don't say the scrap heap :) )

Just FYI what's wrong;

Coolant recover bottle has been removed
Radiator upper hose
Radiator cap (although I think this looks fine)
More serious
Rear crank oil seal
Engine Oil Pan gasket
and an oil cooler tube (ATF?)

Cheers all

MarwanJeeper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Leaky girl, needs some work

Post by MarwanJeeper »

always is the better way :lol: :lol: :lol:

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Rear Main Seal (RMS) is not critical and a typical Jeep sickness ... not a big job as well.
Oil pan gasket not a big job at all ... I would certainly fix that!

Oil cooler tube (ATF, auto?) ... FIX ASAP ... not a big job though

3 days is horrendous !!!

All in all it should be done in 8 hours! plus some gaskets :roll:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Chappers

Post by Chappers »

Haha I thought the title of this thread would provide some comedy :)

Serious note though. SSS thank you and yes its an AUTO.

Who can I trust in Abu Dhabi to do the work at a reasonable rate and in a reasonable time frame?

Dune Rider
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dune Rider »

Good afternoon,,,
is the fan running on a higher RPM than B4? and when u open the hood worm or hot air blowing from the fan ?
in any case plz let some 1 check the Fan cluch and make sure it is not loos and not wablly. if so plz change the fan cluch, and not the fan . then should blow cool air to the engin
NISSAN VTC SWB 2015 & NISSAN VTC LWB 2016

Chappers

Post by Chappers »

Thanks Dune rider. Will ask which ever garage I settle on to do the work to take a nosey at that too!

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Chappers wrote::)

So my TJ has a slight oil leak bless her.

Had a quote it would take 3 days to fix from WM which I think is a touch long, plus others have stated they take their time..
Yup. They need one day to scratch their asses, another day to scratch their balls, which leaves the 3rd day to do some actual work. ;)
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Boys lets be fair with the guys, if goes there to fix the AT leak and radiator leaks it will not take that time, getting the Transmission and do the crank aft seal and the oil pan gasket will take some time.
Yes other garages will do it in 2 days time, from my experience NO one keep his promises from those workshops, it might end up with a week.
Chappers go to WM ask for Ahmad the workshop supervisor, if you want we can meet there tomorrow and discuss all that when am going to pick my car from there, mostly in the afternoon, call me if you want specific time as i am free the whole day 0558127566

last Wrangler is a Stallion not a girl specially the TJ
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Chappers

Post by Chappers »

Thanks Bulldozer, we have decided to take it somewhere else as the wife of someone we work with has a garage and he`s offered to do the work.
Really appreciate that though! My list of people i'm cooking burgers on the BBQ for is growing quite rapidly :lol:

As for the stallion comment, I agree in principle but i've know some pretty rugged women in my time : :shock:

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

I had good experiences with skyline autos in mussafah, supervisor at that time was Grayson, 0551271402. They kept to estimated time pretty well and were able to drop the car back to city when done - I'd guess they will be quite a bit cheaper than WM too.

I never had issue with quality of work, and they were good at communicating issues and progress.
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

BAHA
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BAHA »

I'm doing most work in one fairly good garage. Pm me I'll give you the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youth at the prow, pleasure at the helm
Trip count: Who cares!

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Chappers wrote:Thanks Bulldozer, we have decided to take it somewhere else as the wife of someone we work with has a garage and he`s offered to do the work.
Really appreciate that though! My list of people i'm cooking burgers on the BBQ for is growing quite rapidly :lol:

As for the stallion comment, I agree in principle but i've know some pretty rugged women in my time : :shock:
any time man we are here to offer help and advice, you to decide were you feel comfortable to do the job
See how the Stallion works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Bulldozer wrote:Boys lets be fair with the guys, if goes there to fix the AT leak and radiator leaks it will not take that time, getting the Transmission and do the crank aft seal and the oil pan gasket will take some time.
Yes other garages will do it in 2 days time, from my experience NO one keep his promises from those workshops, it might end up with a week.
Chappers go to WM ask for Ahmad the workshop supervisor, if you want we can meet there tomorrow and discuss all that when am going to pick my car from there, mostly in the afternoon, call me if you want specific time as i am free the whole day 0558127566

last Wrangler is a Stallion not a girl specially the TJ
All the work needed is not special in any way ... any workshop in Mussafah with some routine in mechanical engine/transmission work can do the job. Over the years here I have noticed that even the small shops I used to look down to because of their "cost effective" equipment and staff can do clean jobs for cheap.
For me there is nothing "magical" at WM anymore. Their USP remains only for special jobs like regearing or clean welding jobs. And that is ONLY because they have the right tools! Staff wise they are going backwards at the moment. The only WM guy in Mussaffah I still trust is JP ... all others are either gone or at airport road or promoted to distant/high management position ...
This supposed to be a constructive criticism and signal to improve ... no bashing ... (I know WM is still sponsor ;) )

In Mussaffah or Al Ain there are plenty of shops who can do complete powertrain swaps/conversions in 3 days ... not necessarily a top notch job, but just saying!
When I totaled my first TJ 4 years ago a small shop most of us know (Habub Al Rih, difficult to give directions) was able to swap all mods I had on the Jeep off and convert my Jeep back to stock before saying fare well to it ... in 4-5 late evening hours and no power or air tools!
(And that included complete suspension, seats, AA transfer case slip yoke eliminator and drive shaft , intake, throttle body, tires n rims, KC lights n brackets, stereo) ... after that they DROVE the Jeep to its final destination.
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Chappers

Post by Chappers »

SSS that's a good summary and advice mate cheers for that.

and i fricken love that pic Bulldozer! You`ll have to teach me how to do that someday :)

Chappers

Post by Chappers »

Soz thought I had replied to this already...

SSS cheers for the comprensive review. Will keep that in mind for when I'm picking a garage.

Bulldozer that PIC is amazing. You'll have to show me how to do that someday :)