where can I get a component speaker system

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

where can I get a component speaker system

Post by iguana »

I am looking for a component speaker system which is a seperate 6" woofer, 2" midrange and 1" tweeters with a cross over to distribute the frequency ...

Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, Kicker and sony only have the 2 way system

Gulf Wirless have a 3 way strange brand for AED 2200 and want to charge me another AED 400 for installation and ofcourse will advice to add an Amp for another AED 2000 ... so I will end up paying more than AED 5000 just to add speakers ... so please don;t advice me to go there ..

Can some one advice me?

Did anybody tried the 2 way JBL or infinity? is it enough and does the Mid Range frequency comes clear or I need to add another speaker for the mid range?

I want to upgrade the Wrangler sound system without adding a subwoofer box. I still need the trunk ... I have space for the 3 way component in my VDP sound bar .. But the speakers that came with it was Sh** so I only need to upgrade the speakers .. any advices
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Boss give me a call, I will hook you up with a custom job

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

I have recently added a 12" Kenwood subwoofer (550 Dhs.) in a small box which did not take much of the jeep trunck, an amplifier that fits under the rear seat and a couple of tweeters on the frontside of the dashboard (15 Dhs.)

So at a very low cost, got the low frequency from the subwoofer, midrange from stock speakers and high frequency from the tweeters..... Ready for demo at your disposal ...
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Khaiwi, but as I said, I don't want the 12" Subwoofer box ... I need the full trunk space to be empty

Dee See

Post by Dee See »

I've been running Infinity 6" Kappa II in my Discovery for the past 8 years. Fantastic speakers! They are a seperate mid & tweeter but they are also available in a three way component set with a built in cross-over.
Obviously you'll never get the same low bass response as you would with a dedicated sub but the detail in the music is superb.

Kenwood offer a 10" sub that will sit on the rear wheel arch of a Jeep so it won't interfer with your load space. You won't need a huge amp to run it with for personal listening...just a single mono jobby of 20w would be adequate.

I have built a 10" Bazooker subwoofer ino my rear storage drawers. So I get the best of both worlds.....tunes and storage.

Regards.

S.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thanks Dee See, I will look at this option and see the results then

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Iguana,

when I has my Z3 there was not much space for speakers, so I got 8'' MB Quarts, and a small Sub.
This was the best car sound I ever had.

and my previous cars, hatch backs, had the whole back board made of speakers but still was no match for the MB Quarts.

I dont know if you can get it in AD.
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres