F150 Mods and Discussion

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Terminator
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Terminator »

Here is some information I would to share with F150 owners

Ford warranty is one of the best in the market (I know F150 owner here who had tail lights, dash parts, and decals… replaced under warranty in Premier Motors) while in some other dealers it wouldn't be covered...

When you do a modification on a part of your vehicle that part only loses the warranty (lift kit voids the suspension warranty for example)

That reminds me of a 2011 Mustang 5.0L that I sold (the owner heavily modified the engine and he ended up with about 600 RWHP… so his complete power train lost warranty but his AC system for example remained under warranty)

With regards to wheel and tire changing. There was cases when someone changes the wheels and tire size without informing Ford service and after some time he comes for a differential or transmission issue THAT won’t be covered under warranty.

I bought my truck with 18” wheels and 275/65/18 tire size but changed to changed to 17” wheels 315/70/17 right after the replacement I visited the dealer and they tuned my PCM from the old tire size to the new one (now in this case if ever I had an issue they can’t make my wheel and tire size the reason)

Im here Mr Bulldozer and will always do whatever I can to help… Raptor was built to compete with Rubicons? Hope that was a joke lol
Ford F150

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by BBQBear »

Wow! Bulldozer! Feeling good today is see! I just want you to know that I think the Jeep is a great 4x4 car. But really, what can it do that a Figo or Ecosport can't? When you are ready to upgrade, go see Tariq85755 and he will help you out.

2013 F150 King Ranch 5.0 V8/ Modifications: Volant Cold Air Intake/ Bully Dog Tuner/ Skyjacker 6" Lift/ Bushwacker Billet Oversized Painted Fenders/ Moto Metal 20" 959 Rims/ 325/60/R20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR Tires/ Custom Pre-Runner Bumper/ 54" 318w Curved Light Bar
If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

AmroKhairy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by AmroKhairy »

thank you Kevin , Bulldozer and Tariq for your incredibly valuable input and discussion here.
I just want to say that Ad4x4 is the greatest club ever , you feel you have a strong knowledgeable family behind you 8-) :) , who are always supporting and advising you.

Thank you all. till we meet again in the desert soon.

my next question , is where can i install a 2 inch leveling kit in dubai , any recommended brand , how much it should cost me , impact on warranty.

also skid plates , would they impact warranty? and where can i get them in dubai and @ what cost?

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by BBQBear »

Fancy Auto Sport in Dubai will do it for around 1200. That is a pretty good price. There are probably others too, but I use Fancy for many things. They have pretty good quality stuff and prices are good. I go to the one in Mussafah. The guy in Dubai you want to talk to is Younis. So if you are looking for a skid plate / bumper we have a guy that custom makes them here in Abu Dhabi. It is a great set up. It will cost you around 2500-3000 for the setup installed. It is a 3mm tube steel with an 8mm aluminum skid plate. It is a bit heavy but works great. I have one on mine and Tariq85755 also has one. If you want an entire set for underneath that will take some time but the bumper with skid plate is no problem and will be less than anything you can find. If you are interested PM me.

2013 F150 King Ranch 5.0 V8/ Modifications: Volant Cold Air Intake/ Bully Dog Tuner/ Skyjacker 6" Lift/ Bushwacker Billet Oversized Painted Fenders/ Moto Metal 20" 959 Rims/ 325/60/R20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR Tires/ Custom Pre-Runner Bumper/ Dural 16 Pass Fan Assisted Transmission Oil Cooler/ 54" 318w Curved Light Bar
If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by BBQBear »

2013 F150 King Ranch 5.0 V8/ Modifications: Volant Cold Air Intake/ Bully Dog Tuner/ Skyjacker 6" Lift/ Bushwacker Billet Oversized Painted Fenders/ Moto Metal 20" 959 Rims/ 325/60/R20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR Tires/ Custom Pre-Runner Bumper/ Dural 16 Pass Fan Assisted Transmission Oil Cooler/ 54" 318w Curved Light Bar

AmroKhairy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by AmroKhairy »

Thx Kevin again for your invaluable advice. i am thinking of starting by the leveling kit. @ Tariq any thoughts about the affect of that on warranty?

Terminator
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Terminator »

I haven't seen cases where the warranty was void by levelling kit installation
Ford F150

Terminator
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Terminator »

As per Ford service management.. if the modification made effected a part in the vehicle that part (only) warranty will be void
Ford F150

Kalahari
Advanced
Advanced

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by Kalahari »

Adventure HQ sell a bracket purpose made for round bars from rugged ridge.around AED370.00. Cheers Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andrew
056 264 0635
JK

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Guys you are most welcome a you said its family what ever we can do or support will do it happily (forget about annoying and teasing things which will never end :twisted: ).
As FORD advertise and push for off-road versions of the F-150 and Raptors to compete with Nissan & Jeep in the local market in UAE then they have no right to decline warranty on the other hand they should support you guys to promote for their products like WM doing supported by Chrysler & MOPAR-USA
I know Alyasi in musaffah did and do mods on the F-150 his number 056 6017303
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

AmroKhairy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by AmroKhairy »

Hello Guys,
An update on the Roush Super Charger, i bumped into a great guy in Al Tayer Showroom Parts section in SZR.

He said that they would sell it for 68k with installation, but i needed to check first with the Service Manager if they will still consider me under warranty.
He also said that the procedure involves Al Tayer checking with Roush in USA if they would cover me with warranty and then subsequently Al Tayer will accept to keep me under warranty. the decisive element is my mileage!!

i then complained about it being expensive , because i saw it sell for around USD 6k in USA (around 22k AED) , he said that if i manage to the kit from USA , Al Tayer would charge me for installation only (AED 8k to 10k) and that they have trained staff on that.

just wanted to update you guys :)

till we meet again

hierarchize

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by hierarchize »

Just saw this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Believe in your self!

Nen82

Post by Nen82 »

Hello F150 drivers! (I was about to say " I summon the fellowship of the Beast" but maybe it was too much hehe)

I just would like to share my experience with a couple of things I recently learn from Mr Terminator and Mr BBQBear (Thanks buddies!)

Firstly, the squeaks coming from my rear suspension are gone by lubricating with WD40 (Regular type? Can't remenber) at the tips of the leaf springs, right between the area both leafs make contact:

Picture not of the specific ones, but you get it.

Secondly, I tried and after some effort managed to remove the steering locks. The first 3 came out easily but the last one gave me bit of a head ache. After twist a couple of Allen keys like licorice trying to remove the seized bolts I had no choice but to drill out the bolt heads. After that I removed the shims and file square shape the studs to fit the adjustable wrench on them. Luckily enough the're gone.
Now I can enjoy full travelling steering that make my life so much easier cornering the tight turns in the compound I live.

Next, something not so nice. About two weeks ago I realized that my coolant level was going low even when I topped up. Today early in the morning I topped up again, with the engine cold, went under the car and I found a leak on a Y junction coming from block/thermostat (I believe) that joins to hoses that go in the radiator. To make things worse it soaked the accessory belt and all the pulleys underneath it. At least when I start the engine it seals and stop leaking (Oddly enough). Anyone knows how that junction clip joints works? Do I have to go to the garage or is easy enough to do it myself?

No worries guys I always check the level before starting it. No coolant = top up or flat bed truck. I think it'll hold until I get it fixed.

Here is a picture of it. Please open it in a new tab to get it complete. for some reason is cropped out here.

I think I have enough in my plate for now, but when I get this things sorted out I am going to get a new set of tires as I have been recommended by Terminator and BBQBear. I will ask you guys for guidance when I am ready for it.

I am also going to get this babies fitted and painted to match the body color.

After that would get a light bar behind the grill... I'm sorry I am getting carried away hehe

Thanks for your input guys!

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

Like the warranty thing, as dealer in Sharjah kept saying something about no, no, no you cant do anything...

Hard to keep truck absolutely stock :) Specially such crooked one as F150 :D
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

Truckers sorry to high jack your post
But I have an F150 bug digging my brain
May be a couple of queations can help