F150 Mods and Discussion

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
seanofmacc
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by seanofmacc »

ok here is a mod discussion.

Has anyone had a bespoke dune flag mount made ?

On my old F150 I had a bracket that mounted on the tail gate liner and it worked a treat (I didn't have a tonneau cover fitted).

On the new F150 I have a rigid tonneau and so have been stuck with the vacuum lifters attached to the rear window which usually fall off once per trip.

Its coming to spotlight time and so could mount an Ozzie dune flag on one of the spare brackets on the spotlight bar (now to be purchased from Fancy auto or Ramy) which would be a last resort. I don't want one mounted on the front ideally.
I have been looking at the post mounts on the bed but after trying all sorts of brackets from Ace, I cant make something that works and looks decent. So if anyone has one that looks good and works and uses standard holes somewhere then can you post a picture please
Lights are going to be KC Daylighter HID or Hella 4000I Hid by the way
Thanks
Ford F150 6.2 V8 Falcon, Roush exhaust.
Newbie forever

funkcanna
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by funkcanna »

I got something called "sticky whip". Which is a suction mount but is waaay stronger than the vacuum lifters.
2014 Raptor SVT 6.2L V8

tilki
Marshal
Marshal

Post by tilki »

we have intermediate on this weekend guys , reminder !! :D

seanofmacc
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by seanofmacc »

funkcanna wrote:I got something called "sticky whip". Which is a suction mount but is waaay stronger than the vacuum lifters.
That sounds interesting. Do you have a photo and where did you pick that up ?
Newbie forever

funkcanna
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by funkcanna »

No pic right now but this is the site: http://www.stickywhips.com
2014 Raptor SVT 6.2L V8

seanofmacc
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by seanofmacc »

checked the website and that looks ideal especially the heavy duty 1/2" for taking flags.
Sorry to be a pain but did you order through the site itself ? Just tried but no drop down for overseas addresses so wondering if its worth plodding through the dealers or not to find one who ships

Thanks
Newbie forever

funkcanna
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by funkcanna »

Yep, I ordered directly from the site and used my USA Aramex Shop and Ship address. If you don't have one, PM me and you can use mine.

this was the exact item: http://shop.stickywhips.com/StickyWhips ... t-1000.htm
2014 Raptor SVT 6.2L V8

seanofmacc
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by seanofmacc »

Thanks for the offer. Just set up an account this evening and am there in a weeks time so between the 2 should be ok.

Just the spots to decide on now
Newbie forever

AmroKhairy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by AmroKhairy »

Hello Guys,
yesterday evening while browsing aimlessly on the web , i bumped into something called "Roush F150 Phase 2 - Super Charger" , after reading through , i got to know that installing it would add around 210 HP to my F150.

So would like to know from you:
- is it something your recommend ?
- do you how much it costs , and if anyone already installed it?
- does it require changes to the suspension or brake system of the car?

thx in advance

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

F150 Mods and Discussion

Post by BBQBear »

Horsepower is great. I love it. But there are some things to keep in mind. If you put it on, when you go to re register the vehicle at the traffic passing, you will need to remove it and then reinstall it afterward. If your vehicle didn't come with it from the U.S. It is not allowed and they won't pass it.

Second it will void your warranty.

As far as recommending it, I would say it depends. For me, I look at is as have I consistently run into issues with not having enough horse power. For me the answer is no. At least not yet. A super charger is a major change. You would need to have a cold air intake of you don't have one yet, most likely a computer tuner to adjust your pc (also voids warranty if they Ford finds it), bigger throttle body would help, and an exhaust. They also run hot. So keep that in mind. Those are good places to start. So in my opinion, if you don't have horsepower problems invest the money elsewhere.

I don't know how much it would cost. And I don't think you would need to upgrade your suspension.

This is more of a game of torque than horsepower. Granted you gain torque with it as well. But until you have consistent issues with not enough engine, I would spend elsewhere.

2013 F150 King Ranch/ Modifications: Volant Cold Air Intake/ Bully Dog Tuner/ Skyjacker 6" Lift/ Bushwacker Billet Oversized Painted Fenders/ Moto Metal 20" 959 Rims/ 325/60/R20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR Tires/ Custom Pre-Runner Bumper/ 54" 318w Curved Light Bar
If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

AmroKhairy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by AmroKhairy »

Thx Kevin for the insights , just got curious.. :geek:

Terminator
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Terminator »

The kit includes all needed.. intake, tune, intercooler etc... Al Tayer would maybe give you an offer for installing it but IF they did I expect it to be pretty high...i won't worry about registration renewal if I installed it since its passable in Dubai and some of the northern emirates ;) and yes I would do it just for the fun of having 570 hp and 530 of torque... BTW I have a pretty owned F150 Roush 2014 done about 4000kms priced 165000 dhs with about 2 years warranty or completion of 60.000kms let's sell cars here lol
Ford F150

Terminator
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Terminator »

(Pre-Owned) screw autocorrect lol
Ford F150

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

how come OEM refuse to install their recommended parts (Rims/Wheels) and make the car out of warranty, this sounds like stupid.
I can come across from WM workshop and teach those idiots a lesson, how they promote for the Raptor if u cannot heavily mold the F150 and use it off-road, by the way where s that guy who works in Premiere he should do something to fix this issue.
By the way Raptors made to compete with the Rubicons
Sorry its F150 thing but understood not a Jeep thing u cannot understand :lol:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Kidd_pa wrote:What a nice thread to have! Personal opinion would be the basic following:

1) Roush Cat back exhaust
2) Roush cold air intake
3) 275/60/20 Good year silent armor

As for programing im not sure as to whether i shouldget bullydog triple dog or sct programmer. :(

Another thing i realised is best to have would be a spray on bedliner as its very light in weight and it doesnt rattle when offroading.
Hamza we are u man we missed u big time here and in the trips
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded