Rubicon's Lockers

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
K84
Intermediate
Intermediate

Rubicon's Lockers

Post by K84 »

Hello,

My Rubicon's lockers are not working anymore & it's costly to fix them so do you advise to buy an aftermarker ones (e.g. arb lockers) or leave them as they are since I believe they will be used rarely? thanks.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Rubicon's Lockers

Post by khaiwi »

I have been using ARB lockers since so many (2009) replacing the failed RUBICON lockers.

It looks like almost 90% of the Jeep Wrangler either needs to be replaced with a beefy aftermarket part or reinforced to address weakness and expensive repeated failures.

I also used OX lockers with manual activation cables on my earlier TJ non-rubicon and they are extremely great and deliver what they are made for.

BTW I think I have one used ARB locker for jk D44 if you are interested in saving some bucks. (PM)
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

K84
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by K84 »

Thanks for the quick reply, I have sent you a PM

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

as a fellow rubiconer what age is your car. just wonderign if its new, why the warranty would not cover it.

i think when mine expires i will pay for the extension as the costs of the car outweigh the cost of the extension. especially what we do.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

K84
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by K84 »

scotchyl wrote:as a fellow rubiconer what age is your car. just wonderign if its new, why the warranty would not cover it.

i think when mine expires i will pay for the extension as the costs of the car outweigh the cost of the extension. especially what we do.
Mine is 2008 model.