Radar detectors

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
halwa

Radar detectors

Post by halwa »

Are radar detectors legal in the UAE, and if so what band (K , KA , POP) are they useing? Any info welcome.

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

Not at alllllll !
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

It is not allowed at all here
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

halwa

Post by halwa »

Thank you for the info!

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

not allowed and also not working , cause i got three from the states and they didn't work , hmmmm they detect the automatic sliding doors of the petrol stations :D

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

hahahaa.. also why would one require the radar detector for a jeep...? it never goes more than 100kmph; because you guys really build the jeeps and dont buy em :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

halwa

Post by halwa »

You wright, us Jeep guys dont need detectors, we need them for the serious toys parked at home :D

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

most of us have GPS gadgets...why not just mark waypoints as you pass cameras and set the proximity alarms later (300meters).

or download GPS POIs (Points of Interest) off the net at GPS sites.

If you really want to spend money...check out youtube...they had videos of test runs in dubai and abu dhabi for a famous brand of detectors, it seemed to work just fine.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

halwa wrote:Thank you for the info!
Halwa, lets talk after i get back from Qatar. I have someone can get us the best one out in the market "Valentine Radar".

i am thinking about 1 as well. It might cost AED 2100.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Where you mount them make a big difference. As you try and hide them from view...you also hide them from what they are trying to detect.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Oh by the way... they do not work with Athermic Windscreens "tints", which most modern cars have by default or after market. You need detectors with an external sensor. Cheetah Sentinel comes to mind.

Jeep...try yours on an older car with no tint film, they should work just fine.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Gentlemen,

These are illegal devices here in the UAE and hence, the club committee discourage all our members using such devices. Also would like to emphasise that we all stay legal and abide by the rules. :wink: :wink:

Thank you for your understanding. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

halwa

Post by halwa »

Desert Ghost wrote:
halwa wrote:Thank you for the info!
Halwa, lets talk after i get back from Qatar. I have someone can get us the best one out in the market "Valentine Radar".

i am thinking about 1 as well. It might cost AED 2100.
Thank you Desert Ghost, I get back at the end of October. Talk to you then.
Thks G-MAN, will check you tube!!

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

we're just day dreaming boss. Talking about it and actually doing it are two totally different things.

Seeing a Camera and marking its location on a GPS device cannot be illegal. Hence GPS warning devices. Most taxi drivers memorize locations of cameras ...they might as well chop there heads off, for thinking in an illegal way :lol: .

Signing out...

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Agree with Khaiwi. Don't forget that this is a public website and such things cannot be discussed on line
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com