Recomended lift kit JKU 2015

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

Fortunatly soon the new 2015 will arrived ( next week) and looking forward for the right lift kit, those that set once and bye bye worries, the options are below:

-AEV 2.5 SC with blistein shocks ( value for money as base lift to be able to exchange shocks on later stage with some bypass or reservoir) steering stabilizer included aprox Aev 4,500
-2.5 teraflex budget boost with fox reservoir Shocks with ats fox steering stabilizer. Aed 8,000
- 2.5 mebar stage 3 with radlo reservoir shocks. A hell of $$$ but you paid what you get. Aev 17,000
- Something else im missing

Please add your comments based on your own experience, definetly looking for a smooth ride on / off do not mind to paid slighly more but do not want to have the roller coaster feeling of the teraflex with monotube fox shocks of my previous jk12

See you on the sand
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Recomended lift kit JKU 2015

Post by khaiwi »

Look for poly performance stage 3 or even stage 4 long arm kit with king shocks.

Also have a look at offroad evolution for their Bolton coil over king shocks and other components to complete the lift kit.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

Chief defintly those are at other level but need to be shipping...something similar and locally available?
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

Code Red
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Code Red »

I'm very happy with the AEV and bilsteins on mine.

I don't think remote reservoirs are worth the extra money. Remote reservoir has nothing to do with the ride. It just has more fluid volume to deal with heat. A monotone with proper valving will ride exactly the same as a remote res with the same valving, and have less parts to break.

Congrats on the new ride!
LC76 - It's what Rubicons want to be when they grow up . . .

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

Code would i be wrong if i assume aev with blisteins is a stiff kit one?
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

Code Red
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Code Red »

Bo, I don't really know. They are stiffer than my old Crown Victoria, and not nearly as stiff as my old dump truck. I honestly don't have a lot to compare it to. Susanne has T-flex with Fox monotubes, but she hasn't let me take it out and play with it yet. It sounds like that's what you had, so you probably know better than I do. I still manage to bottom it out sometimes, I don't think I would want it any softer. I do think that anything in a 4-door will ride smoother than most 2-doors just because of the extra wheelbase.

I am no shock expert, but here's what I hear the manufacturers claiming:

AEV claims that their Bilsteins are special-ordered and valved to work with their suspension and estimates of vehicle weight.

Fox is not tied to any suspension manufacturer so you just get their best guess for what you have and want. Same for OME.

King can be set-up or ordered for anything, but that's only useful if you know what to ask them for. I don't.

when will we see you in the sand again?
LC76 - It's what Rubicons want to be when they grow up . . .

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Nothing better than King,,, but for budgeting purpose 2nd best is Fox,,,

For JKU. 4" lift and 35" tires are a must to have a great looking Jeep.
:mrgreen:
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

I also read that AEV suspension is special designed to be use in conjunction with Bilsteins...Teraflex plus fox mono tube was a great lift for Off road...however on road would have not been my first choice while having two cars in garage...

I believe my doubt does not comes in terns of Shocks, it comes it terns of Lift Kit itself. Teraflex is tried and does not reach by far the conform of stock...wondering is AEV springs plus bum stops suppose to be a better lift than teraflex one, which is well known to be a really entry level one...later stage I will be looking for Kings shocks by being able to kept the AEV lift.

Looking to be back in the sand by last week Nov. feeling i have missed so many things in the last 3 months.
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

latief
Advanced
Advanced

Post by latief »

I had the AEV lift on my 2dr wrangler. Best thing that ever happened to car.....it is not stiff, it is refined! the car preformed wonderfully on and off road...(get a front adjustable track bar also while you are at it, also get the AEV jack base). i had before that Teraflex and OME kits , but there was no comparison in ride characteristics and how the car drove.

no need for anything else IMHO.... and no need for ridiculously expensive kits and all....

You will not regret it, there is a reason why they are nearly always out of stock...
2008 Wrangler JK
056-7148747

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

I think my mind is getting clear thanks to you guys... Probably AEV will get the change and at least will compare among teraflex and AEV, will keep you posted with the feedback, just waiing for ramy from availability confirmation and arrival of the gig on sunday insa...
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Just double check aev with rAmy. I heard it comes as a set so if you damage a shock or spring you can only order a new full set again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

I saw bilstein shocks are sold separatly by other shops ( Aev IE) which i believe will not be a much problem...just maybe a good excuse to upgrade jiji
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

Phoenix Rising
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by Phoenix Rising »

Hey Bomolin, just picked up my new JKU with the AEV 2.5 dual sport from Ramy, they did the Artec front axle reinforcement too. I must say that on road it is better than stock, am trying it out on Friday off road. Speak to Dean at Ramy - he will sort you out.
Jeremy *****
+971 54 4885882

2017 Porsche Cayman 718 for On Road Fun!
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 V8 (Silver Surfer) for light Off Road fun!
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Bazinga!) Sold
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Phoenix) - Retired Hurt :-(
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Manual (Green Giant) - Sold

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

Great news Green, actually I have planning to fit it this saturday and axle reinforcement to be followed upon shipment arrival, great to heard you are satisfied with it!
Will let you know my feelings on next week with AEV
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!