khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Chrysler Group Launches All-new 2008 Jeep Liberty

Post by khaiwi »

Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

That thing looks hideous. It's just a smaller version of that other hideous-looking brick, the Commander. Yuk! It looks like Chrysler's car designers have completely lost the plot. Even the target market, "soccer moms", will hate it. What's even more disappointing is that Chrysler has kept the same 2.4L I4 and 3.7L V6 engines with the same respective 150hp and 210hp outputs, and the 2.8L turbodiesel (the most popular model) might not appear at all. Since the new Liberty's likely to be heavier than the old one, the manufacturers could at least have coaxed more power out of the engines but in true Chrysler tradition, they didn't bother.
A double thumbs down from me.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Here's a new Jeep whose design, I think, Chrysler DID get right:

Yes, it's the Jeep Patriot and it looks similar to the hugely popular old Jeep Cherokee XJ (like mine :D ). Too bad that the biggest engine option is only a 172hp 2.4L I4 so it ain't gonna tear up the tarmac. I say bring back the venerable old 4.0L I6 (better still, a 4.6L stroker version) so it can have some real balls.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

What I dont like in the new one is that you will have to change the finders if you want to instal metal bumpers .... the stock front bumper hanging down and this makes it easy to break.

why dont they use their V8s on these Chirokees ?
that would give it a life.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.